What You Will Do:
I. General Summary
Under general supervision, oversees the purchase, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN systems. Responsible for maintaining networking applications and the monitoring of the LAN/WAN for alerts and anomalies. Responsible for evaluating current systems and assisting in the planning of large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Provides network support for LAN/WAN wired and wireless infrastructure, including all network applications.
2. Provides input to management for network design, procurement of network equipment and supplies.
3. Monitors and tunes the enterprise network for optimal performance.
4. Performs equipment installations and relocation as required to support the business needs of the enterprise.
5. Acts as the primary interface with user and vendors for resolving problems.
6. Recognizes and identifies potential areas to develop or update policies and procedures; especially regarding future business expansion. May provide input.
7. Assist in establishing a growth plan for the network to insure the best quality service in a state-of-the-art environment. Assists the Network Supervisor in designing and managing the enterprise network including wide area and local area networks.
8. Uses Helpdesk Call Tracking application to log all service and update requests accurately and well detailed. Collects data from customers to aid problem determination / resolution of request. Provides information to the Helpdesk for on-going follow up to customers until resolution of issues.
9. Analyzes network traffic patterns to resolve connectivity issues. Analyzes system performance and resolves problems, makes appropriate recommendations.
10. Participates in the installation, configuration and maintenance of networking systems including but not limited to LAN/WAN, security, wireless.
11. Maintains regular contact with users and supervisor/manager regarding status of open or pending service calls.What You Need to Be Successful:
III. Education and Experience
1. Requires a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related discipline or equivalent related professional experience. Additional certifications may be required. (CCNA, CCNP)
2. Four years of experience in LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications is required. Experience in problem diagnosis and resolution, configuring and maintaining application control engines is required. Some experience providing a secure networking environment (both wired and wireless) is required.
IV. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of network design and configuration, technology concepts and methodologies of analysis. Knowledge with layer 2, layer 3, and layer 4 technologies, specifically having 4 years of experience.
2. Demonstrated proficiency in one or more information technologies (routing, switching, security) Demonstrated proficiency in multiple network operating systems.
3. Demonstrated ability to execute best communication engineering practices in network builds, integration, test, and packaging of infrastructure documentation and application solutions.
4. Understands interrelationships of various computer systems.
5. Knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff.
7. Ability to use judgment in interpreting work directions for appropriateness to specific tasks or problems. Effective organization skills.
8. Proficient in analysis and problem solving, ability to assess customer needs and determining appropriate solutions. Excellent customer service skills.
9. Demonstrated ability to understand and adhere to systems security and control procedures in accordance with departmental, vendor standards and regulatory bodies
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Network Planning And Design
Wide Area Networks
Local Area Networks