Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Emergency Manager with a Transit and Transportation focus. This position can be in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, or Los Angeles, CA.
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
The selected candidate will provide technical support in the areas of emergency management, security/vulnerability assessments, business continuity, and/or transit related initiatives.
Employee will primarily be responsible for supporting the development of transit focused emergency preparedness, response, and recovery plans, as well as developing HSEEP-compliant training and exercise programs.
Activities may include hazard identification and risk assessment, research of best management practices, exercise design and control, after action reporting, facilitation of stakeholder meetings, drafting of plans and standard operating procedures, training on the use of the Incident Command System, collecting and analyzing data, and response plan development to describe concepts of operations, mutual aid, regional coordination, emergency public information, resource management and logistics.
Travel, work in client offices, oral presentations, and written report preparation will be required.
Candidate may manage project schedules and budgets, will interface directly with clients, and will also assist in marketing, proposal writing, and other business development activities.
Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years experience in emergency management or public safety with documented success serving transit clients. An understanding of Transportation Security Administration (49 CFR 1520/1572/1580/1582), Federal Transit Administration (49 CFR 672/673/674), and or Federal Aviation Administration (AC 150/5200-31C) regulation requirements is preferred. In addition, you must be / have:
* Knowledge of national emergency management trends and transit-system initiatives.
* Highly motivated, customer focused, and work well in a team environment.
* A self-starter and solutions-orientated worker able to manage multiple tasks.
* Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills are essential.
* Must have the ability to work in an unsupervised environment.
* This position requires a background check.
* This position requires you to drive on a regular basis. Passing a motor vehicle record background check and maintaining a valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
Degree / Certifications
* Bachelors or Masters Degree in Public Administration, Emergency Management, Homeland Security, Threat Response, Communications, Political Science or related discipline.
* Transit Safety and Security Program (TSSP) certificate preferred but not required.
* Master Exercise Practitioner (MEP) preferred but not required.
* Homeland Security Exercise Evaluation Program (HSSEP) certification required.
* Work would be in local office or at home office.
* Travel is required and varies based upon project requirements; may infrequently include weekend travel and work.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities as well as client and project requirements.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 450 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Emergency Manager - Transit & Transportation (AT)
Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.
* Organization: 103 EMI
- Business Continuity
- Business Development
- Emergency Management