You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Spa Massage Therapist
SPA MASSAGE THERAPIST
Laying in the heart of Napa Valley, The Estate Yountville features two magnificent hotels that embody the perfect getaway and retreat. Surrounded by vineyards, Michelin-star restaurants and exquisite views in Yountville, our 22-acre haven sits among one the most coveted viticulture regions in the world. We invite our guests to immerse themselves in a redesigned Wine Country experience in a delightfully vino-cultured manner: two luxury hotels with decidedly different personalities – the vibrant Hotel Villagio and its sophisticated counterpart, Vintage House, a chic and tranquil sanctuary. A combined room-count of nearly 200 rooms and suites allows us to create a memorable experience for any occasion!
The Licensed Massage Therapist administers professional massage and body treatments to our guests. They must have a thorough knowledge of numerous massage modalities possess a general understanding of body treatments and be willing to train in our spa's specific massage and body treatment offerings. They must possess excellent communication skills and be able to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the needs of our guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses clients' soft tissue condition joint quality and function muscle strength and range of motion.
- Reviews client medical histories and problems with stress or pain to determine appropriate methods of massage.
- Develops and administers treatment plans based on individual client needs.
- Integrates systematic manipulation of or pressure on muscles and soft tissue for therapeutic purposes.
- Provides guidance and information regarding techniques for postural improvement and stretching strengthening relaxation and/or rehabilitative exercises.
- May consult with other healthcare professionals regarding treatment plans.
- Approach all encounters with guests and Associates in a friendly service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with The Estate standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with The Estate standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Greets and completes established procedures for arriving guests by beginning on time for the appointment and completing within the allotted time.
- Provide consistent professional massage and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices. Effectively inform and educate our guests about specific wellness concerns. Handle guests' questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Perform prep work properly clean and restock room as required.
- Address and resolve all customer issues in an efficient and effective manner.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and in proper working condition.
- Report any and all deficiencies to the appropriate manager.
- Follow lost and found procedures in an efficient a timely manner.
- Responsible for the achievement of departmental objectives and goals.
- Maintain open communication with other departments.
- Attend meetings as necessary.
- Promote teamwork Associate motivation and morale.
- Remain mindful of energy conservation.
- Follow all safety and security regulations.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the Hotel and its guests.
- At all times adhere to the policies and procedures of The Estate
- Uphold Hotel's commitment to superior service and hospitality
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests fellow Associate and self.
- Handle all guest requests in a friendly efficient and courteous manner.
- At the end of the shift turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping Office.
- Be familiar with The Estate policies and house rules.
- Associates must at all times be attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests’ managers and other Associates.
- Ensure treatment rooms and related areas are clean and well stocked. Inform management team when additional supplies are needed.
- Provide assistance to other Associates and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and the spa.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
- Previous luxury spa experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience (one year minimum) in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must hold and maintain a State licensed massage therapist license and required insurance.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high-pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
Hotel Villagio & Vintage House offer an attractive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hotel Villagio and Vintage House are equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Spa Massage Therapist
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Medical Management
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 3960432710
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.