It’s Easy. We want to hire employees who care about what they do. At Central Specialty Pet, we are proud to supply quality aquariums to fish and reptile hobbyists throughout the United States (www.aqueon.com and www.zilla.com). Quality is a big deal (nobody likes a leaker) and we can’t build a quality product without employees who work safely, show up every day and are committed to creating a quality product. If you can focus on these 3 things, we want to talk to you!
In addition to great pay and work environment, employees are eligible for discounts on pet products, Verizon and AT&T cell phone discounts, $480/year gym membership reimbursement, medical, dental and vision insurance and a 401k with match and $500 yearly profit-sharing bonus! You will also receive free life and disability coverage and discounts on movie tickets, sporting events, travel and more. Once hired, if you refer a friend who gets hired you can earn a $500 bonus!
We need Material Handlers to build pallets, deliver to the shipping area and carefully load the fragile product (glass aquariums) onto trailers. You will drive a sit down and stand up forklift safely, use an RF scanner and be responsible for ensuring orders are complete and correct.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Must be able to operate a sit-down or stand-up reach fork truck.
- Use RF guns to move products within the facility and pick customer orders.
- Receives pick tickets from the warehouse coordinator and read order number, size, color and quantity of merchandise.
- Obtains merchandise from bins or shelves.
- Picks customer orders for shipment ensuring that the correct number and product type is loaded and shipped.
- Carries or transports orders to shipping locations or delivery platforms with material handling equipment ensuring orders are staged in order of delivery.
- Maintains material handling equipment by noting and reporting any damage or malfunction.
- May assist in placing incoming items in inventory.
- May conduct physical inventories as required.
- Change fuel tanks on forklift.
- Sweeping and general housekeeping.
- Lift cases by hand to pick customer orders or load trailers.
- Hand stack product to combine partial pallets.
- Ensures proper placement of inventory and accuracy of inventory transactions and cycle counts.
- Other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 2+ years of material handling experience
- SAP experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Company products.
- Must be able to balance multiple priorities.
- Proven Communication Skills.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Plant environment with periodic visits to the office area.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without accommodation
- Exposed to any number of elements, but none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to 1st and 2nd Shift Material Handler to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Forklift Truck
- Material Handling