Gallagher is one of the world's largest insurance brokerage, risk management services and human capital consulting firms. Every day our clients and prospects face massive challenges across a range of issues. Gallagher's advisors understand an organization and how hard they work to deliver on promises. We act as a global partner to our clients in protecting, restoring, and rebuilding their organization to be sure they are poised for growth and success. Our employees are fueled by teamwork, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
On a global scale, we provide a full range of retail and wholesale property and casualty brokerage and alternative risk transfer services, extensive employee benefit consulting, and actuarial services. Gallagher also offers claims and information management, risk control consulting and appraisal services, human resource consulting, and retirement services to clients around the world.
Gallagher was the only insurance brokerage company recognized as one of 2022's World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere. This is the eleventh consecutive year we have been honored to receive this distinction. In addition, we were recently named as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity 2022 by Forbes.
Your Summer at Gallagher:
We are looking for internally driven individuals excited to explore a career in wellbeing consulting that is rewarding both personally and professionally. Your internship at Gallagher could be the first step on a career path that offers tremendous growth potential.
Gallagher is a unique organization defined and made better every single day by our dedicated employees. In addition, our comprehensive "learning by doing" experience provides you with a realistic look at what it means to be a Gallagher Wellbeing Consultant through job shadowing, presentations, client project assignments, and more.
A Tremendous & Rewarding Opportunity for candidates with the following:
* A competitive spirit, self-starter attitude, and enthusiasm to understand clients' health risk and health promotion needs
* Excellent relationship management, leadership, and interpersonal skills
* Strong organizational skills and ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously
* A passion to build a supportive network and thrive within a growing organization
* A passion to learn and be mentored by employees excited to help navigate your career
Projects & Responsibilities:
* Understanding Consultative Selling: Shadowing Gallagher producers, consultants, and account teams as they connect with clients and prospects to gain a better understanding of Gallagher's sales and marketing process
* Client Projects: Developing knowledge of current wellbeing trends, building a network of resources and contacts
* Professional Development: Attending Intern Orientation and various weekly training events to further develop critical qualities of a successful consultant (i.e., communication, emotional intelligence, networking, etc.)
* Competition: Collaborating with peers in national and regional sales competitions to challenge your passion for sales and curiosity of the insurance brokerage world
* Culture: Adopting Gallagher's unique culture, the "Gallagher Way," on how to ethically serve our external and internal clientele; Taking part in various local community service events
* Being a Team Player: Assisting in various client projects to support Gallagher's Physical & Emotional Consulting Team
* Having fun!
You can find out more from our social media channels @LifeAtGallagher or #LifeAtGallagher #GallagherIntership #GallagherInterships
* Rising sophomores and juniors with an expected graduation date between December 2023 and June 2025
* Preferred areas of study include, but are not limited to the following: Public Health, Health Promotion, Nutrition, Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, etc.
* Ability to take initiative and carry out job responsibilities with a minimum level of oversight once trained
* All candidates must apply via www.ajg.com/interns
* Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. We will require proof of work authorization
* Willing to execute the Company's Employee Agreement which requires, among other things, post- employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality, and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified persons with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
- Business Relationship Management
- Consultative Selling
- Health Promotion