To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN 46202
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT I
Eskenazi Health • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 1 month ago
Eskenazi Health serves as the public hospital division of the Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County. Physicians provide a comprehensive range of primary and specialty care services at the 315-bed hospital and outpatient facilities both on and off of the Eskenazi Health downtown campus as well as at 10 Eskenazi Health Center sites located throughout Indianapolis.
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Staff Accountant I position provides a strategic perspective to the financial activities of the organization. It requires an understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and industry specific practices, the impact of these principles and practices on the results of the organization, in depth understanding of Eskenazi Health systems and the ability to provide realistic judgment and interpretation of the day-to-day transactions. Senior Staff Accountant I responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior Staff Accountant I combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. Senior Staff Accountant I duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks
- Preparing daily and monthly reconciliations for 17+ bank accounts that include patient revenue, miscellaneous revenue, payroll, accounts payable, expenses, and inter-company transfers
- Ensure that reconciliations contain adequate supporting documentation to support audit review, such as banking information, SAP ledger account information, and payroll reports to validate the information reported in the reconciliation
- Understand, diagram, and document cash transactions to capture cash and data movements across multiple platforms, companies and accounts
- Investigate, understand, and resolve complex transactions affecting revenue, payroll, and accounts payable
- Participate in preparing month-end close entries related to revenue, miscellaneous revenue, payroll, expenses, and inter-company transfers, including determining if accrual entries are required to align bank balances with information reported on the financial statements
- Assist in maintaining the Company's bank account structure, online banking access, and cash management to determine if these processes are aligned with industry standards and reflect best practices.
- Assist in the setup of new bank accounts and closure of bank accounts in the Company's banking structure
- Work with AP to ensure timely accounts payable processing, posting incoming invoices, and posting supporting documentation
- Participate in special projects as needed to accommodate changes to banking structure, accounting system conversions, and/or process enhancements
- Migrate large datasets extracted by various integrated and non-integrated sub-systems such as EPIC, SAP and Bank data files for analysis
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business from an accredited college or university
- Accounting reconciliation experience, healthcare industry preferred
- Advanced experience in MS office (mainly Excel & Access), VBA and SQL
- Experience in SAP and EPIC is a plus
- Three years of experience in accounting and/or finance
- Three years of experience in relational database and data management
Accredited by The Joint Commission and named one of the nation’s 150 best places to work by Becker’s Hospital Review for three consecutive years and Forbes list of best places to work for women, and Forbes list of America’s best midsize employers’ Eskenazi Health’s programs have received national recognition while also offering new health care opportunities to the local community. As the sponsoring hospital for Indianapolis Emergency Medical Services, the city’s primary EMS provider, Eskenazi Health is also home to the first adult Level I trauma center in Indiana, the only verified adult burn center in Indiana, the first community mental health center in Indiana and the Eskenazi Health Center Primary Care – Center of Excellence in Women’s Health, just to name a few.