To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
12636 Sunset Avenue
Ocean City, MD 21842
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Fire Alarm Service Technician
ARK Systems, Inc • Ocean City, MD
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Join ARK Systems today as a Fire Alarm Service Technician in our Ocean City, MD office!
ARK Systems, Inc., has been providing superior service to our valued customers since 1973. We specialize in the systems integration of fire, security, sound, voice and data systems.
We are seeking an experienced, career-oriented individual in the alarm industry. This position is responsible for representing ARK by interacting with the contractors and customers, by servicing fire/security, card access, door entry, paging/sound and other electronic systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Installation of system wiring as applicable.
• Completes associated paperwork in a timely, efficient manner per company requirements.
• Performs troubleshooting as required.
• Terminates devices and panel wiring.
• Programs panels and systems for proper operation per plans, specifications and code requirements.
• Responsible for truck inventory control.
• Communicates with ARK team members to effectively pursue company goals of installing and servicing alarm systems according to acceptable standards and practices.
• Communicates with customer concerning the importance, operation and status of their life safety system.
• Responds to after hour services calls as required per on-call rotation.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates would posses the following:
• Must have knowledge of NFPA alarm system requirements and have the ability to interpret code books and handbooks.
• Must have customer relations experience and skills.
• Ability to obtain a Maryland and Virginia security technician license.
• Field electronic practical experience required.
• Good communication skills are necessary.
• Must have a positive and respectful attitude and maintain good working relationships with management staff and employees.
• Must maintain good driving record (insurable through our insurance carrier) for driving to/from job sites.
• Willingness to achieve various certifications of the industry.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
Various alarm systems, test equipment, communications equipment, drills and other hand tools. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PC Anywhere, system application software, etc.
Education and Experience Required: Requires an AA degree in Electronics or equivalent technical school training supplemented with 3-5 years of related industry experience. Basic computer literacy required and system specific training. Industry licenses and certifications required.
ARK offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical (PPO/HMO), dental, vision, life insurance, disability, flexible spending accounts, in addition to tuition reimbursement, credit union, vacation and sick leave plans, and a matching 401(k) Plan.
Enjoy the opportunity to work with state of the art technology! Maximize your potential with ARK!
To apply: please respond to the posting or visit us at www.arksysinc.com
ARK Systems is an EOE M/F/D/V