To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Stephens City, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Professional Transport Driver***$6,000.00 Sign-on Bonus***
Amerigas • Stephens City, VA
Posted 24 days ago
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 8,500 dedicated professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from 1,400 distribution points across the United States.
Are you a Safety-minded Class A Driver looking for a great opportunity? If so, PTI (Propane Transport International) is looking for you. PTI, the Supply and Logistics division of AmeriGas is now hiring Regional Class A Drivers that are safety minded.
The Transport Driver drives a tanker truck (11,400 gallon capacity) to pick up propane at the supply point (e.g. refinery, pipeline terminal, storage facility) and deliver it to area AmeriGas facilities. The driver will make four to five pick-ups and deliveries per day, driving an average of 500 miles per day and working up to 14 hours per day. Approximately 80 percent of the driver’s time is spent driving or waiting in line at the supply point.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the tanker truck to pick up propane at the refinery and deliver to area AmeriGas facilities; approximately 45 minutes is required to load or unload the truck.
- Attach terminal hoses to the truck connections to pump propane into the tanker.
- Use permanent hoses attached to the filling ports or the hoses stored in the truck to unload the tanker. The hoses stored on the truck come in two sizes: 20 feet long, three inches in diameter; and 19 feet long, 1½ inches in diameter.
- Perform twice daily truck inspections.
- May climb ladders at some AmeriGas facilities to check gauges at the top of the bulk tanks.
Education and Experience Required:
- 3 Years Tractor and Trailer Experience. 200,000 miles minimum
- 1 Year Tanker Experience within the last 3 years, preferred
- Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement
- Eligible for a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- No Accidents in the Previous 3 years
- No More Than One Moving Violation in the Previous 2 years
PTI Offers our Company Drivers:
- Excellent Competitive Pay
- Quarterly Safety and Performance Bonus
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Paid Vacation, and 401K
- Referral Bonus Program
- EZ Pass provided
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.