BHS Robotics is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Hanover Park, Illinois!
BHS Robotics, formerly Chicago Electric, founded in 1910, is a leader in the application of technology for industry. We are a world class Systems Integrator with an emphasis on Drives, PLC’s, Motion Control, Vision and Robotics. Our services include design, engineering, panel assembly, programming, testing, mechanical fabrication, installation, startup, and field service.
As a Mechanical Engineer with BHS Robotics, you will develop custom automated solutions for a variety of industries such as Automotive, Manufacturing, Consumer Products and Medical.
- Responsible for the concept and design of manufacturing machinery and assembly equipment.
- Able to perform technical project activities including machine concept and design using SolidWorks, selection of purchased components, timing diagrams, engineering calculations, and adhered to project specific specifications and performance expectations.
- Strong grasp of product fixturing, pneumatics, hydraulics, cold forming, fastening, electronic sensors selection, material selection, and their related machine integration capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of electro-mechanical devices such as: presses, robots, conveyors, pick and places, gantries, indexing dials, walking beams, automatic product handling (feeding, presenting, orienting), and power transmission.
- Understanding of in-process product inspection and testing; including leak testing, flow testing, vision inspection, load cells, LVDT’s, torque sensing, eddy current inspection, and electrical testing.
- Resolve design changes, specifications and drawing releases.
- Travel up to 5% of the time
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent preferred
- 3+ years of prior experience required as mechanical engineer in an automation company.
- CRM experience and experience utilizing MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint based tools required.
- Experience in communicating with the customer and presenting solutions in person, electronically and verbally required.
- SolidWorks advanced capabilities required.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerances per ASME/ANSI required.
- Strong quantitative, design, analytical, and problem-solving skills required.
- Experience with structural FEA required.
$80,000 - $90,000 annual salary + full benefits as seen below!
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Company-Paid Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous 6% 401(k) Match
- Vacation / Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Legal Assist and ID Theft
- Customer Relationship Management