We all face challenges and transitions in our lives, and when we do, we must be able to count on the strength of community for support. For the people of Los Angeles, Jewish Family Service LA (JFSLA) is that trusted source of support. We are a comprehensive network of services that welcomes individuals and families of all ages and identities to our full spectrum of care. Our highly trained staff and volunteers work closely with individuals and their loved ones to problem-solve and guide them on their paths to safety, security, wellness, and fulfillment.
JFSLA staff share in our mission and work towards our goals with the highest level of responsibility, professionalism, and integrity. JFS demonstrates our commitment to our staff by offering a comprehensive benefits package and a nurturing environment.
JFSLA is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. In recruiting for our team, we seek the unique contributions that individuals can bring from all backgrounds. We strive for a diverse team in order to better serve our clients and ensure our excellence as an organization in identifying, designing and delivering solutions.
Be part of our commitment and join our family. For more information on our philosophy and services, please tour our website www.jfsla.org
As part of a multidisciplinary team, the Program Administrative Assistant provides clerical, administrative, and programmatic support that facilitates operations of the Agency’s West Hollywood Comprehensive Service Center (WHCSC) This position requires an individual with a strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills. It also requires an ability to interact and provide customer service with individuals at all levels. This administrative support position is based at our West Hollywood location which services the West Hollywood client population.
- 2 years of administrative experience in an office setting
- Experience working in a Social Service environment is a plus
- Bi-lingual Russian is required
- Some college preferred
- Excellent phone presence, etiquette and professionalism
- Must be able to multi-task while remaining flexible, with attention to detail and can meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of all basic office equipment required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Detailed Oriented - Pays attention to multiple details and multiple tasks while minimizing errors
- Ability to perform complex administrative tasks; an understanding of contract compliance requirements considered helpful
- Culturally sensitive and able to work with a multicultural client/customer population
- Ability to work as part of a team and maintain professional boundaries
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment
- Oversee day to day customer service needs, to include:
- Client reception, in person and over the phone (provides general information, screens clients for intake and schedules clients for services; ensures smooth and safe client traffic flow in the office
- Management of positive client/customer relations, diplomatically handling front desk complaints, routing concerns appropriately.
- Coordination of day-to-day duties for case-aide volunteers and HICAP volunteer, preparing their schedule and maintaining working relationship with them Coordination of Bet Tzedek lawyer’s schedule by coordinating her appointments
- Maintains office records and recordkeeping systems including client files and other service records
- Oversees distributing mail and other printed materials, FAME vouchers, food vouchers for the clients
- Verifies and enters information in client database evolv after providing information and referral to intake clients
- Uses Call Center to enter client information and refer clients to appropriate social workers or programs
- Compiles program statistics for funding sources and regulatory agencies; runs reports monthly and as needed using Power BI Call Center Dashboard and Senior Services Master.
- Prepare charts/files and evolv records for regulatory and auditor reviews conducted by the funding sources
- Facilitate translations when needed (verbal or written) between staff and/or volunteers and clients during office visits
- Obtain client intake and referral information; screen referrals and direct callers for further intake procedures
- Prepares check requests for the vendors of multiple funding sources for client services
- Provides clerical and project administrative support and assistance to multiple programs based at the WHCSC
- Other related duties as assigned, may include job-related errands outside of office.
Jewish Family Service is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
Attention To Detail