To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- York, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Environment Health Safety Representative
Red Lion Controls, Inc. • York, PA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Red Lion Controls, an operating company of Spectris, is undergoing a period of significant change and growth in size over the next three years through both organic and inorganic growth. With strategic plans to triple operations needs of the organization have increased significantly.
One of Red Lion’s key values is Absolute Integrity. We believe that an integral component of this value is to provide our employees with a safe work environment in which to operate. Employees have the right to work in an environment where they can count on going home in the same condition as they reported to work. The EH&S Representative, reporting into the HR leader, will have primary responsibility for ensuring our desired culture of health and safety is implemented through a variety of programs, activities, training and compliance with organizational policies and relevant regulations.
Red Lion operates an electronic manufacturing facility in York, PA comprised mainly of surface mount automated production, hand assembly, testing and shipping / receiving. As the first, dedicated EH&S Representative for Red Lion Controls, the opportunity to establish formal processes, to improve culture and to make an impact on employees’ lives is significant.
- Evaluation and implementation of a safety program or approach that can be adapted to Red Lion’s locations, culture and current state
- Lead our York-based manufacturing facility and other, office-based locations in achieving a sustainable safety culture through effective implementation of safety processes and initiatives
- Track and report on standard EH&S metrics with appropriate actions implemented to respond to any emerging themes or trends
- Ensure compliance, knowledge and internal training of OSHA regulations, Spectris and Red Lion Controls safety and health policies, and standard operating procedures. Represent Red Lion in any internal or external EH&S audit proceeding
- Manage workers compensation approach including establishment of physician panels, determination of appropriateness of light duty / return-to-work, and interface with outsourced claim management
- Work to identify and implement safety and health improvement opportunities
- Interface as necessary with regulatory agencies, committee members and staff to formulate corrective actions
- Monitor all current information on regulations and requirements related to hazardous materials and agents
- Investigate and evaluate new equipment and ensure appropriate safeguards are in place
- Provide for appropriate onboarding for new employees to ensure understanding and compliance with safety procedures, policies, etc. to promote a safe work environment
- Verify all regulations regarding air quality within our manufacturing operations
- Consult internally from EH&S perspective as necessary for new production and / or distribution facilities globally
- Provide urgent response, as needed, to operational safety / environmental issues 24/7
- Provide leadership and project management for specific EHS projects and initiatives
- Develop and manage budgets for EHS activities
- Participate on and provide leadership for the Safety Committee
- Implement and lead accident review process (8D) and put in place preventative measures to prevent repetitive incidents
- Determine, design and deliver appropriate EH&S training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Management, Engineering or other closely-related field
- 3-5 years of applied EHS experience in a manufacturing environment. Electronic industry preferred
- Experience with risk reduction in employee behaviors as well as unsafe conditions
- Experience leading safety culture improvement projects
- Incident investigation expertise, including Root Cause Analysis / Five Why Analysis / 8D
- Project management and team facilitation skills
- Training and development experience
- Effective communication skills, including verbal, written, presentation and data organization
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
Desired Qualifications of the Environmental, Health and Safety Representative:
- Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist
- Case management experience with workers compensation programs
- Experience with environmental permitting, recordkeeping and reporting
- Familiarity with Six Sigma, Lean and/or other process improvement methods
Essential Job Functions
Endorse, support and model the Company’s core values of:Absolute Integrity Empowerment Customer Focus Restless Innovation High Performance
Red Lion Controls is committed to recruiting and selecting candidates based on their qualifications. We are a proud EEO employer and will hire, train and promote individuals regardless of age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable laws.