Title: Infrastructure Project Manager
Location: Bethesda ,MD
Duration- 12 Months
Key Skills- Cloud, Service Now, Jira
• Experience in Cloud based technologies – OSE, Docker, API's, AWS,F5, ISM7.
• Release Management and all of its components.
• Current hands on experience providing Infrastructure PM support.
• Translate requirements into deliverables.
• Directs the work of an infrastructure project team, consisting of engineers associated with the implementation of infrastructure projects or infrastructure requirements for software defined projects for , key programs.
• Identifies and deploys resources required for projects.
• Functions as escalation point for project teams, customers and stakeholders.
• Acts as a technical liaise between infrastructure engineers, administrators, and software developers, ensuring constant and consistent communication performing as a single point of contact for all applicable project statuses and infrastructure service offerings.
• Maintains and ensures project key milestones and deliverables are met/maintained, including project financials, deliverables and due dates.
• Oversees development of high-level business requirements for a technology stack and associated projects, including cost estimates to determine feasibility.
• Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
• Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to monitor project(s) so that they progress on schedule and within budget.
• Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules and plans as required.
• Informs the appropriate team members of project status and related issues.
• Interfaces with vendor(s) for programs under direct control.
• Manages project risks.
• Develops and tracks business cases, including total process cost.
Key Requirements and Technology Experience:
• Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication – Possesses exceptional communication skills, presentation skills, ownership acumen, and is able to deconstruct problems and projects into execution detail.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor – Possesses exceptional leadership skills. Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Managing Execution
• Building and Contributing to Teams – Strong leader, team builder, advocate, and can effectively collaborate, communicate and cross borders with the intent to bring people together.
• Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution of projects across technology stacks to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Building Relationships
• Customer Relationships – Works closely with all types of stakeholders and is able to understand requirements (non-functional and functional),
• manage expectations, and drive the analyses and design of quality technical solutions on behalf of the infrastructure team while collaborating with the development team to receive and support the requirements through the full lifecycle of an application.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
• Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
• Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen – Demonstrates strong understanding and knowledge of tools in a given technology stack. Possesses infrastructure background with experience in a given technology stack.
Project Life Cycle
Measure Project Progress
Costs For Projects