To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Federal Internal Controls/Audit Remediation
The Judge Group • Washington, DC
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
**MUST BE PUBLIC TRUST ELIGIBLE
Federal Internal Controls and Audit Remediation Senior Associate
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree
Degree(s) Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration, Master’s degree in Accounting
Certification(s) Preferred: CGFM, CPA
Demonstrates proven knowledge and success in advising federal clients in improving internal controls over financial reporting and meeting the requirements of related federal guidance and requirements, including : OMB Circular A-123, Appendix A and C, the GAO Green Book, the Chief Financial Officers Act of 1990, Federal Managers’ Financial Integrity Act of 1982 (FMFIA), the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Financial Accountability Act, and Improper Payments Elimination and Recovery Improvement Act (IPERIA). Ability to leverage tools and best practices in order to execute these requirements.
• Experience with documenting program management business acquisition processes, assessing internal controls, performing root cause analyses, developing corrective action plans, providing internal controls training and establishing internal control oversight functions.
• Experience in analyzing the effectiveness and efficiency of operations and Compliance with applicable laws and regulations with respect to program operations.
• Experience in assessing design and operating effectiveness of internal controls and performing audits of internal controls in the federal government specializing in acquisition.
• Experience in documenting and testing internal controls for complex federal organizations and acquisition business processes.
• Experience in applying OMB and GAO requirements to complex management internal control or assurance related projects throughout their entire life cycle and related phases including planning, internal control testing and reporting.
• Experience in developing strategies for remediation of material weaknesses in internal controls.
• Experience in documenting adherence with the annual Federal Manager’s Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA) Section 2 self-assessment requirement.
• Experience with using Microsoft SharePoint portal sites and providing document management support.
• Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success with identifying and addressing client needs: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
• Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success as a team leader: creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.