American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (AMH:NYSE) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Construction Superintendent is responsible for managing the horizontal and vertical construction at company owned residential developments as well as organizing and managing sub-contractors.
- Upon notification from Land Acquisition Manager, develop scope of work on properties within market and identifies vendors assigned to perform scope of work.
- Following completion, perform final walk inspection of work performed to ensure property is certified and take appropriate action to correct repairs.
- Develops effective teams and serves as a role model for direct reports. Coaches/ counsels effectively to build effective leadership throughout the organization. Provide advice, guidance, mentorship and direction to subordinates with respect to their professional growth
- Monitors construction schedule and budget for work being performed by vendors on assigned properties. Adjust as needed for change orders. Conducts spot checks on properties for progress and quality of work being performed and take action as needed.
- Update CRM accurately for work performed on assigned properties. Change construction status to rent ready in CRM. Complete necessary steps within CRM and notifies Construction Manager to release funds.
- Perform occupancy checks following acquisition of property to determine if property is vacant or occupied.
- Purchase requisition/bid, communicates in a timely manner to assigned vendor to commence work. Engage in negotiations with vendors to ensure pricing falls within market pricing guidelines. Review bids from vendors to ensure accuracy for content and pricing. Provide bids in a timely manner to Construction Manager.
- Perform due diligence inspections on potential acquisitions to determine cost of rehab.
- 1 to 10 years of previous experience as a Site/Construction Superintendent in Construction
- CRM experience is a plus
- Knowledge of construction building and materials
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Self-motivated and ability to work with autonomy
- Strong verbal, written communications
- Strong attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to take prudent risks
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels
- Strong customer, quality and results orientation
- Ability to be an effective member of project teams
Work where you feel right at home -
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!
Related Keywords -
Construction superintendent, superintendent, construction, residential, development, negotiations, vendors, CRM, manager, mentor