San Jose, CATeam:
Retail Services - Retail Team /Work Type:
Oversees all Hope thrift stores and thrift production operations. Directs and coordinates all thrift operations to meet financial and other goals and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position. An employee in this classification is responsible for carrying out the following functions:
1. Efficiently manage and improve donation streams.
2. Establish, monitor and report on key operational metrics.
3. Navigate reports and analyze data to identify on and off target results.
4. Drive continuous improvement.
5. Be a safety champion and lead by example.
6. Develops sales plan and operating budget.
7. Assessment and oversight of operating costs for maximum financial performance.
8. Establishes operational protocols for maximum efficiency.
9. Ensures that performance standards are communicated, performance feedback is given, and appropriate personnel actions are taken.
10. Oversees the coordination of, merchandising between store locations and collection sites.
11. Supports the corporate culture by promoting a management style of open communication, accountability and consistent treatment of all employees as well as compliance with all Federal and State laws.
12. Establishes procedures for operations, training and assessment of outcomes. Trains Management team on all aspects of Store operations
13. Writes disciplinary actions, performance feedback for employees and communicates effectively with the employees regarding these matters.
14. Develops and implements plans and programs to achieve financial, operating and service objectives.
15. Ensures appropriate records related to sales, production and personnel are accurately maintained and submitted in a timely manner.
16. Prompt decision making to resolve problems submitted by associates.
17. Ensure full accountability in daily handling of assigned store funds; register operations and accuracy in daily deposits.
18. Implement all aspects of the customer service program.
19. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
1. Experience working in Thrift business.
2. 10+ years supervisory experience is preferred.
3. Ability to work with individuals possessing developmental disabilities.
4. Detailed knowledge of processes of Thrift Store management, government regulations and legal commitments affecting store management, and fundamentals of management, leadership and human relations.
5. 5+ years of multi-unit big box management experience.
6. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
7. Well-organized and self-directed.
8. PC literate, Windows based platform, Excel, Word, Outlook, Reports To:
CEO Supervisory Responsibility :
Responsible for supervising thrift store and collection managers and other supervisors as assigned to support of the overall thrift operation. Required knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of technical processes of Thrift Store management, government regulations and legal commitments affecting store management, and fundamentals of management, leadership and human relations.
2. Evidence of training, leading and guiding associates to achieve objectives.
3. Ability to identify merchandise quality and price it competitively.
4. Ability to delegate and follow up and achieve established results.
5. Ability to effectively organize resources to achieve objectives.
6. Ability to interact effectively with employees, external contacts and customers.
7. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos.
8. Ability to write employee performance memos, which provide clear feedback to employees.
9. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and employees of the organization.
10. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and figure percentages to effectively use operational reports.
11. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work inside in a production and retail environment. Must travel locally to meet business needs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak, hear, stand and move throughout the store.
Use upper body strength to frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to dust from donations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Inspire and be inspired! Hope Services takes immense pride in maximizing our employee engagement. Will you join us??
Winner, 100 Best Places to Work, Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal!
Visit www.hopeservices.org to find out more about us and the people we serve.
Hope Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic. In addition to federal law requirements, Hope Services complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Employee Performance Management