Advanced Summer Help - Intern - Summer 2021
This position is open to Sophomore and Junior year college students, preferably in Construction Management or Civil Engineering programs. Geared toward those hands-on, field-oriented candidates who would like to grow a career into future Superintendent roles.
Ability to perform job specific instruction provided by Superintendents, Blasting Supervisor or Drill Operators. Individuals must be safety-minded and able to work well in varying weather environments. Out of town travel and overtime may be required.ResponsibilitiesQualifications
- Valid Drivers License with good driving record and own transportation
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical & drug screen.
- Must successfully pass criminal background check for ATF
- Experience with construction laborer helpful, but not necessary
- Ability to learn and develop skills to later perform higher level tasks
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position
- Position requires proficiency to work at a steady pace on uneven and loose surfaces outside
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs occasionally, 5% of time
- Ability to lift 50lbs, 50% of the time
- Stooping and bending 60 – 70% of the time
Maine Drilling & Blasting is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, and physical or mental disability.