To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
VP of External Relations
ExecuNet • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 2 months ago
The VP of External Relations plans and directs Company business services. This position oversees Business Services sales staff and supervises multiple functions with full responsibility for effective operations and results. The VP of External Relations is also responsible for stewarding the Company brand, executing global corporate marketing initiatives, developing strategic partnerships, and managing public policy. The VP of External Relations will be responsible for developing strategy for the Business Services group in order to diversify Company revenue with corporate and foundation funders. In addition, this role is responsible for providing assistance to field programs on global marketing initiatives, strategic communications, and media relations.
Consistently promotes and models courteous Company/community service in a prompt and efficient manner. Maintains positive relationships with all Company internal and external contacts through professional honest interaction. Responds to requests quickly and professionally recognizing that a request serves an organization and/or community need.
Supports our mission of Educational Justice: Every child will succeed in school and life.
Supports our mission of providing advanced early education program quality and capacity by supporting the development of the whole child, growing a qualified and diverse workforce, and strengthening family engagement. Creates and sustains strategic partnerships and advocates for policies that promote access and program excellence.
- Creates a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Develops plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Manages the sales teams operations and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Manages the use of budgets
- Defines optimal sales force structure
- Collaborates with HR to hire and develop sales staff
- Supports Company’s employer of choice that top sales people want to join
- Defines and oversees sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
- Defines and coordinates sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Manages customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Defines sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Designs infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Provides detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Compiles information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
- Monitors customer, market and competitor activity and provides feedback to leadership team and other company functions
- Directs the communications/marketing team to establish successful support, channel and partner programs
- Manages key customer relationships and participates in closing strategic opportunities
- Oversees and aligns Company legislative policies and objectives for government and local community relations
- Monitors state, federal, and local legislation; to represent and promote Company collaborative relationships with a variety of external stakeholders.
- Responsible for stewarding the Company brand, executing global corporate marketing initiatives, developing strategic partnerships, and managing public policy.
- Represents Company as appropriate with members of community, federal and local government administrators, governors, county executives, and mayors, including establishing and maintaining relationships with officials at all levels of government and their staff
- Work is primarily traveling in nature, standing for long periods of time, working in inclement weather conditions, and lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Adheres to Company general safety practices and any unique safety practices for the department and/or building
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
Knowledge of ECE community highly preferred
Successful experience in the following:
- building market strategies and corporate sales plans
- selling products and services in the early childhood education field
- closing deals
- monitoring and evaluating sales rep progress against stated expectations, in addition to aligning and changing behavior with performance expectations
- managing a team of 4+ salespeople including hiring and onboarding sales representatives
- managing key customer relationships and closing strategic opportunities
- utilizing a CRM to manage team sales tasks, pipelines, and closing data
- building and managing territories
- Proven experience working within a mid-size company environment
- Experience providing status reports with market and customer feedback to the corporate leadership team
- Demonstrated ability in all aspects of sales leaders
- Extensive knowledge of local, state, and federal legislative and executive processes; public affairs principles and practices; and project management and planning principles and practices.
- Strong leadership skills and abilities.
- Commitment to quality and integrity. Passionate about the Company mission.
- Exceptional skills in communications and interpersonal relations.
- Knowledge of and adherence to policies and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relations with internal and external staff
Formal Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus equivalent experience
Language proficiency required/preferred: Proficient knowledge of English grammar required.
TRAVEL: Up to 80% travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships with community, state, federal, and local officials at large