BCforward is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Cloud Architect.
Purpose of Position/Summary:
Provide Subject Matter Expertise to the Office of the CTO and assigned Agency by assuming the following duties. The cloud architect role is a Senior Subject Matter Expert (SME). It is expected that the holder will understand not only the technical capabilities of their cloud platform specialty but also understand the ecosystem of partners, service providers, 3rd party capabilities and vendor resources
- MS Azure - 2 years min
- Hands on DevOPs/Agile Development processes - 2 years min
- Prior, hands on "Infrastructure as Code" deployment model experience. Experience with Terraform most preferred.
- Practical experience with the cloud provider's tools, techniques and best practices 2+ years
- Vendor certifications a plus.
- Broad Engineering background with working knowledge of Storage, Virtualization, Networking, Security 5+ years
- Must work well in a small team environment and manage conflicting priorities well.
- Must have very good written and verbal communications skills, with experience presenting to CXO level audience.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Practical Experience in DevOps / Agile development processes - 2+ years
- Practical Experience in "Infrastructure As Code" deployment models.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to the Office of the CTO and State Agencies in the following areas.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of cloud architecture, capabilities, implementation requirements and future roadmap of the MS Azure cloud platform
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of compliance standards and regulatory requirements supported by the assigned cloud platform.
- Work with the States strategic vendors (MS Azure) to identify and maximize the usage of available vendor provided enablement / adoption resources
- Based on customer use cases, Identify the appropriate governance model and cloud implementation
- Evangelize and strategize, in a pre-sales capacity, the current capabilities and services of the Indiana Office of Technology.
- Attend Agency Development meetings and engage the in Agile Development Process.
BCforward is a minority owned recruiting, consulting and staffing firm headquartered in Indianapolis with offices in 17 states and clients globally. The company was founded in 1998 and is currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm headquartered in Indiana. Our team of dedicated staffing professionals have placed thousands of talented people over the 18 years, with retention rates that are consistently higher than the industry average. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 92211 when responding to this ad.