To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Gainesville, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Home Health Aide/Certified, PRN
PruittHealth • Gainesville, GA
Posted 7 days ago
At PruittHealth Home Health, we’re committed to a lot of things. But we’re especially committed to caring for our patients and residents, as well as providing our employees with a rewarding career as a member of our PruittHealth family.
That’s why we attract employees who are passionate about providing the highest quality level of care possible for our patients. We also attract people who are looking for a home, rather than just a job – where being part of a family at work is as important as the type of work they are doing. As a member of our team, you will also have access a progressive benefits program that reflects our commitment to caring for our 16,000 partners.
Position: Home Health Aide
Location: Hall, Dawson, Lumpkin, White or Habersham Counties
Assist the patient and patient caregiver with personal hygiene needs to increase the level of comfort of the patient.
- Provide optimal comfort care, dignity and privacy for the patient.
- Obtain vital signs of patients as assigned.
- Follow procedures for handling medical emergencies or other incidents that affect the delivery of service.
- Report patient progress and problems to supervisory personnel.
- Observe and report any changes in condition, including skin integrity.
- Provide comfort care related to turning and positioning.
- Maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the patient.
- Assist with meal preparation and related tasks.
- Assist with patient transfer, ambulation and exercise of patients.
- Provide personal hygiene to patients, including bathing, shaving, oral hygiene, skin care, dressing, toileting, and hair care.
- Coordinate care with the RN Care Manager and/or Clinical Manager.
- Maintain accurate and current records of visits.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Certificate of completion of a state recognized Home Care Aide Training Program and supervised clinical practice.
- One (1) years of experience working with adults in a healthcare setting.
- Current registration in the state Nurse Aide Registry as a Certified Nurse Aide in state of practice.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.
- Home care experience is desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Attend a minimum of 12 hours of annual in-service education and provide documentation to the agency.
- Attend team meetings and staff development in-services.
- Communicate well with patients/clients and family members. Provide a warm and friendly greeting and an approachable attitude to families, visitors, and patients/residents/clients. Respond to expressed concerns with a helpful, caring demeanor. Answer questions in a professional manner.
- Respond to change productively, and handle additional projects as assigned.
- Participate in center/agency surveys (Licensure/JCAHO) and any subsequently required reports.
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of changes in the field. Maintain current license/certification as required.
- Honor patients/residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
- Comply with corporate compliance program.
- Report job-related functions/tasks that involve occupational hazards, including exposure to blood and body fluids, as necessary.
- Follow established safety regulations, including fire protection and prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
- Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working with equipment.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Primary Location: Georgia-Gainesville
Shift: 1st Shift
Job Posting: Feb 12, 2019, 2:29:05 PM