Responsible for providing engineering expertise to region, service centers, and other company personnel for the planning, design, operation and maintenance of the Distribution System. Under limited supervision, prepare specifications, perform engineering analyses, prepare construction standards, evaluate materials, and determine solutions affecting the electric distribution system to properly serve new loads. Assist inensuring efficient, reliable and safe operation of the distribution system, and resolve technical issues affecting the distribution system. Design various electrical systems of moderate size and complexity. Apply applicable codes &standards to insure compliance with regulatory requirements. Follow National Electric Safety Code standards.Responsibilities
1. Plan and design services to commercial/industrial/municipal customers, system improvements, and highway relocation projects. Provide fuse-recloser coordination service including the review and updating of coordination schemes. Prepare detailed budgetary estimates and analyze them (25%).
2. Complete analysis of distribution system reliability studies, circuit performance, contingency plans; review capital budget project proposals and determines corrective actions when applicable (15%).
3. Perform the acquisition, verification, and compilation of data, which may include field investigations and/or audits to support studies, reports, drawings, designs, company policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements (10%).
4. Work as required on projects of moderate size and complexity. Serve as project coordinator. Specify technical aspects of contracts, bid evaluation,recommendation of contractors, and administration of contract terms and conditions. Specify, inspect, and approve equipment and materials. Evaluate and approve contractor invoices.Monitor construction work to ensure conformance with plans and specifications and engineering codes and practices. Monitor construction schedules to ensure timely completion of work (25%).
5. Provide interpretation of Company policy for internal and external customer groups and regulators on distribution related issues. Assist customer service groups on power quality issues including investigation, analysis and mitigation (5%).
6. Perform economic analyses of engineering alternatives for projects as necessary (5%).
7. Perform flicker analysis for large customer motors. Analyze the impact of customer-interconnected distributed generation (5%).
8. Plan, design, organize, coordinate, and control aspects of the project by providing liaison with other sections, departments, divisions, vendors or consultants, and coordinate with government agencies, customers, or other utilities regarding matters of circuit design and maintenance (10%).Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering /related field; OR Associate Degree with 15 years of relevant experience.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in electric delivery systems related work.
• Knowledge of distribution design. Familiarity with accounting requirements in electrical, construction, and
equipments installation preferred.
• Proactive and results oriented.
• Effective leadership skills.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Completion of Engineering-in-Training desired (EIT) (where applicable).
• Professional Engineer license is preferred (may be required in certain capacities where applicable).
• Valid driver's license is required.
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID's employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Engineer - Electric Distribution Engineering
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at
or [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Engineer - Electric Distribution EngineeringNearest Major Market:
Rochester Job Segment: