Our Client, a fast growing Fashion Retail organization selling Women's clothing and accessories, and located in New York, NY is adding a Controller to the team.
In this role the ideal candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Oversee and Manage the daily accounting operations
- Monthly financial reporting
- Ensure the monthly close is accurate and timely
- Preparing monthly and annual financial statements and plans
- Dealing with multiple entities so Consolidations experience
- Help with process improvements of policies, procedures and internal controls
- Review general ledger reconciliations and participate in quarterly reviews and year-end financial audits
- Manage the Inventory Accounting
- Manage the A/P process and cycle
- Collaborate with other department managers to support overall goals and objectives.
- Assist with GAAP Financial Statements Board and Audit Committee reporting packages.
- Work with Controller on projects as needed as well as Ad hoc projects.
Requirements for the position include:
- 10-15 years of experience within the Retail or Fashion industry
- B.S. in Accounting
- Ability to manage 3-4 Accountants
- Consolidations experience needed
- Must understand inventory
- CPA Required this is a MUST
- Accounting software and knowledge
Cost Accounting Procedures
Annual Financial Report