TITLE: Sr. Quality Manager
FUNCTION: In this role, the Sr. Quality Manager will provide leadership for the Quality team in the resolution of quality problems and continuous improvement of products received, and the product assembly process quality at 6 different assembly sites and for the quality management system.
This key position is responsible for leading the following functions (1) judgment of all warranty claims received; (1a) the functional design and maintenance of all systems necessary to do so; (2) the financial recovery of warranty cost spent and from all its suppliers; (3)
- Lead and manage the implementation of incoming product audit standards, metrics and improvements; achieve reduction in PDI claims
- Lead the development and implementation of Distribution Center assembly processes, including but not limited to process instructions, training materials, quality of supplies
- Investigates product complaints and directs the activities required to assure the timely implementation and documentation of corrective action.
- Monitors quality trends and conducts technical and statistical investigations on quality problems, reporting the results and recommendation in a timely manner.
- Performs root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns, and in order to respond to customer complaints.
- Plays a key role in ensuring that the Corporation and customer's quality requirements are met on assigned products, programs, areas, and functions. Accordingly, participates in the review of all design, manufacturing, purchasing and test documentation to ensure that those requirements are fulfilled. This includes review of design drawings, operation documents, process procedures, test procedures, inspection analysis, Vendor Quality Manuals, and customer and military specifications.
- Provides technical and quality support to suppliers, the Manufacturing Engineering group and to the Customer Service department on the analysis of product returned from the field.
- In charge of implementing and maintaining the quality management system.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean, six-sigma.
- Manage the achievement and maintain supplier claim submission and cost recovery targets; establish and maintain metrics and regular reporting on same
Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering is required.
Master's degree is preferred.
Quality and Warranty experience within an industrial manufacturing and wholesale distributor environment is required. Product knowledge in farm equipment or related experience is preferred.
Experience in the following is required:
- Minimum of 5 years management experience
- Warranty data and IT systems content management.
- Closely monitoring and working with suppliers for recovery of warranty cost expenses.
- Coordination with suppliers for problem resolution.
- Coordination with Assembly plants for inbound/outbound quality.
- Seven Step Quality Resolution Process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; native speaker level fluency in the English language is required
- Demonstrated skills in product problem resolution
- Expert level skills in MS Office Programs; especially Excel
- Ability to manage and frequently reprioritize multiple demands in a fast paced work environment
- Effectively work in a team environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must be able to travel without assistance and lift up to 50 lbs without assistance. The employee must be able and licensed to operate passenger car class vehicles on public roadways in the United States and as a visitor to Canada.
Experience in the following elements desired:
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Knowledge of SAP system preferred
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, technical manuals, parts manuals, etc.
- Lean manufacturing techniques
Quality Management Systems
Six Sigma Methodology