::: Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nation's largest and most respected health care management companies, operating through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 65,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase health care properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence and compassion.
Chicago Children's Center for Behavioral Health seeks compassionate and caring behavioral health workers interested in working with ped's and adolescents.
The Mental Health Technician is a member of the interdisciplinary team who assists in total consumer care through implementation of appropriate therapeutic approaches within the therapeutic environment.
::: A Bachelor’s Degree in a related mental health field is preferred. A minimum of one (1) years experience in a mental health setting is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Knowledge of code procedures
- Knowledge of computers and various software programs
- Knowledge of the federal, state and local laws that pertain to enquires right to privacy and confidentiality
- Knowledge of legal obligations for reporting abuse and/or neglect
- Knowledge of clinical and age appropriate behaviors
- Knowledge of individual and group therapy techniques
- Knowledge of crisis intervention procedures
- Knowledge of trauma informed care
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines
- Skill in telephone etiquette and paging procedures
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to demonstrate tact, resourcefulness, patience and dedication
- Ability to accept direction and adhere to policies and procedures
- Ability to understand levels of crisis
- Ability to tolerate ambiguity, uncertainty and change
- Ability to use effective judgment and maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to recognize the importance of adapting to the various consumer age groups (adolescent and children)
- Ability to set limits with consumers to effectively ensure safety/structure in milieu
Hardworking And Dedicated