My client is a midstream oil and gas company, seeking a Staff Accountant for a contract to hire position. Duties are as follows:
Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of natural gas transactions; including transportation, storage, trading and commodity derivatives associated with physical transactions. Assist in reporting to Management the business results with analysis and explanation of all significant variances from plan. Take the lead in solving problems.
• Assist in the monthly accounting and closing cycle, including ensuring all current month transactions are accurately recorded, account analysis and reconciliation procedures
• Ensure that transactions are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and company policies
• Ensure all balance sheet items are valid and supportable
• Accrue transactions on an estimate basis and true up upon receipts of actual data as needed
• Process sale and purchase transactions of natural gas for assigned assets accurately and timely
• Pay commodity and transportation invoices accurately and timely
Requires a bachelors degree in finance, accounting, business administration or a similar degree field, OR equivalent experience and training.
CPA or similar professional designation is highly desired
2 or more years related accounting experience as a degreed professional or equivalent related accounting experience and training as a non-degreed professional.
Standard Accounting Practices