With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 3,000 professionals, we serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
The Memphis office of CBIZ MHM is comprised of over 100 employees and consistently ranks as one of the largest accounting firms in the city.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
- Serve as client’s trusted advisor and demonstrated knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to client and team
- Manage staff on engagement deliverables (such as financial statements, tax returns, work papers, etc.); complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the final engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met; ensure on time delivery and on budget
- Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc. Preferred industry experience; Manufacturing, Distribution, Investment Companies, and Benefit Plan Audits.
- Understand the client’s organization, procedures and internal policies
- Responsible for new client development in partnership with upper management; participate in client meetings, presentations and proposal development and meet individual cross serve goals
- Manage and retain multiple client relationships, engagements and special projects
- Develop overall engagement budget
- Consistently meet charge hour goals
- Responsible for billing and realization on assigned clients; explain variances
- Supervise, train and mentor staff; listen and communicate effectively
- Foster a team environment; demonstrate support of management and decisions to build a positive culture
- Participate in practice development activities that lead to the generation of new business and the opportunities for cross-serves
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- 6 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 3 years supervisory experience
- Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
- Proficient use of applicable technology