You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Product Manager, UnitedHealthcare Retiree Solutions - Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The UnitedHealthcare Retiree Solutions (URS) Product Team is looking for a Product Manager to help support our market-leading Medicare Advantage and Senior Supplement offerings. This position will help us make healthcare work better by assisting in the design, development, and management of new and existing products. In this role you will focus on influencing changes to our product portfolio to improve our competitive position and optimize product performance. You will work with client management, sales, pharmacy and other teams across the organization to support product development and respond to product inquiries.
It’s a fast-paced environment, focused on identifying value to challenging business problems. We are looking for someone who is passionate about asking and answering questions, and comfortable working with incomplete information across business lanes and segments. It is critical to have exceptional communication skills and the ability to make complex concepts simple and easy to understand.
Join the best team in the industry and help make a difference while working with highly engaged colleagues!
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Document product offerings and rules for sales and operational areas
- Review member and group materials templates to ensure they accurately reflect benefits and programs
- Review Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services updates, guidance and notifications and outline the impact to our business
- Participate in large cross-functional projects and respond to internal inquiries about product offerings and capabilities
- Participate in operational readiness calls, provide input and offer solutions to product-related issues
- Develop training content and deliver training sessions
- Update Policies and Procedures including annual product changes
- Conduct proposal database review and provide updates
- Update, maintain and help design member materials
- Work with Customer Service on updating job aids
- Cultivate relationships with applicable internal business partners to drive support, understanding and collaboration on our product operations (e.g., Strategy, Sales, Materials/Marketing, Operations)
- Demonstrate data literacy and the ability to help others understand data and how it can be leveraged
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of healthcare product/program management and/or product implementation experience
- 2+ years of experience leading complex, cross functional projects
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Able to travel 10% of time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2+ years of Medicare experience
- Experience working closely with sales, account management, and other business leaders
- Experience working under tight deadlines
- Understanding of and experience with Medical codes (Commercial / Medicare / Medicaid)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and an ability to simply translate findings into actionable recommendations for a variety of audiences
- Exceptional ability to drive results across all business segments and geographies
- Solid business and problem-solving skills
- Technical writing skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Account Management
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 2103548
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.