To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- South San Francisco California, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Research Technician I
Apex Systems • South San Francisco California, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Apex Systems is looking for Research Associate in SSF!
- We are looking for a self-motivated research biologist to help optimize protocols for single cell genomic experiments.
- Responsibilities include general molecular biology involving isolation, manipulation, and characterization of DNA and RNA in single cells.
- Next generation sequencing library preparation and sequencing experience is essential, with RNAseq, single-cell RNAseq, and whole exome sequencing preferred.
- Research and Lab experience in an academic and/or industry position.
- Hands-on skills expertise in a variety of molecular biology skills including PCR, sequencing, expertise working with complex protocols, making reagents, DNA/RNA isolation from minute cell quantities, experience working with 96/384 well plate-based protocols.
- Experience in Next generation sequencing (NGS) technology, library preparations and tissue cell extraction is required.
- Cell culture and FACS experience a plus.
- Demonstrated independence in experimental design, execution, data analysis and troubleshooting required.
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally.
- Associate of Science (AS) degree in science, biology or biotechnology with 3+ years lab and research experience.
- Bachelors degree (BSc.) in Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry preferred with 1-2 years lab and research experience.
- Masters (MS) in Biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or related field as long as your research project required you to work in a lab no additional experience required.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178