How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.Responsibilities
The Lead Retail Pharmacy Tech assist the pharmacists in providing quality pharmaceutical care to all patients by performing technical duties in the pharmacy department, working under the supervision of the Pharmacist. Train and supervise the support personnel (technicians) on the processes, procedures as well as software applications in the retail pharmacies. To assist the management team in generating reports, working with data and resolving inventory issues.
Duties include: Retrieving prescription orders, counting, pouring, measuring and weighing tablets and medications, mixing medications, selecting the proper prescription container, creating prescription labels, maintaining patient profiles, completing cash register transactions, answering phones, taking inventory of over-the-counter medications, being aware of the latest medicines and their availability Qualifications
Required Minimum Education:
- High School graduate or possess a General Educational Development (GED) Diploma from an accredited program.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Exposure/experience in all phases of retail pharmacy operations. Must have at least two years of experience in a retail pharmacy setting. Retail pharmacy operations, Data entry into pharmacy software system, Purchasing/Inventory Control, Controlled Substance Documentation, Data intake from customers
- Good customer service skills.
Required Minimum Certification:
- Licensed as a Certified Pharmacy Technician from the National Technician Licensing Board.
- Licensed by the state of Georgia.
Required Minimum Skills: Minimal typing skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Good Mentoring skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
We’d like to invite you on a career journey like no other! In return for your contributions, we’ll help you make the most of all life’s moments – on and off the job. Wellstar Total Rewards is designed to provide for your total well-being, including: Your Wellness, Your Pay, Your Future, Your Joy. We think it’s pretty simple – we care for our team members and our team members care for the community.
Make a difference in patients’ lives… and your own! Here, it’s more than healthcare – it’s CareerCare!
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Service
- Inventory Control
- Interpersonal Skills
- Data Entry