Provides designs, specifies information systems solutions and highly technical direction in the development of our Zelle for Business application to solve basic to complex problems or enhancements. Serves as a principal application designer for the development team.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Complete and oversee basic to complex systems analysis, design and development.
- Direct and monitor less experienced resources and coordinate development tasks on small to large scope projects.
- Participate with other Development, Operations and Technology staff in overall systems development direction for all phases from technical analysis to user acceptance testing.
- Evaluate and understand complex interrelationships and effects among programs, interfacing applications and platforms. Provide highly analytical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies to assist business units in meeting strategic objectives.
- Evaluate and prototype new technologies to better understand how they can benefit the development team.
- Maintain efficient operation and effectiveness of supported applications.
- Follow and promote use of development standards and procedures.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Complete other related duties or projects as required, which may include playing a lead role in due diligence, cost/benefit analysis or business study activities.
The jobholder is competent to work independently on all high level systems analysis and technical phases of development. The position interacts with senior management, other technology personnel, clients and vendors. Education and Experience Required:
Minimum of an Associate's degree and 6 years' systems analysis/application development experience
• In lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 8 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 6 years' systems analysis/application development experience
Experience with Java and web services (SOAP/REST/RESTful/JSON)
Experience with SQL, preferred experience with Oracle PL
Background in object-oriented programming (OOP) and the software development life cycle (SDLC)
Experience with Git or similar version control toolsEducation and Experience Preferred:
Familiarity with Automated Testing (JUnit) and/or Continuous Delivery and Integration (Jenkins) a plus
Experience with Spring and Hibernate
Strong background in API design and best practices
Experience with Agile Methodology a plus
Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously
Ability to multitask for various components of complex projects
Excellent problem-solving skills to assist in issue resolution
Strong verbal and written communication skills, with prior experience presenting to the target audience
Strong organizational and time management skills
Experience coordinating between Applications and business units
Complex Problem Solving
Systems Development Life Cycle