Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptimalCare is a business segment within OptumCare Technology. OptimalCare focuses on the use of evidence-based medicine to eliminate low-value care. Focuses on addressing the upstream decisions that impact the "care decision".
The senior software engineer role includes but is not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, security best practices, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborate with fellow software engineers, business systems analysts, quality engineers, and product owners on a cross-functional agile scrum team as part of a Scaled Agile Framework release train with 3 total scrum teams
- Work in a full-stack engineer & DevOps capacity including competencies with the following tech stack: Java, MySQL, Flyway, HTML/CSS, Angular 8, OpenShift, Git, Jenkins, Azure public cloud, etc.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in the IT field
- 5+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals: unit testing, code reviews, and Agile
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience using FHIR, HL7v2 standards
- EMR integration experience
- Azure experience
- Experience in the Healthcare industry
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Software Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH