John Marshall Bank has an immediate opening for a Business Banking Portfolio Manager in Reston.
This position is responsible for providing underwriting, loan review, and construction monitoring support to the Business Banking Department as well as quality service to our customers on a regular basis.
* Provides service in business lending initiatives, including originating new loans and managing existing loan portfolios.
* Responsible for promoting an array of products and services to small and mid-size business clients.
* Manages a portfolio of all types of small business relationships - both conventional and SBA loans.
* Responsible for handling new business lending leads referred from COIs and Bank partners, including commercial lenders and retail branch teams.
* As part of the Business Banking Team, the Business Banking Portfolio Manager is also responsible for any referred loans that qualify under the SBA guaranty programs.
* Participates in local networking events that position John Marshall Bank positively in the community to specifically pursue SBA lending opportunities.
* Analyzes an applicant's financial status, credit, as well as property evaluations to determine if the loan request meets the Bank's or the Small Business Administration's "SBA" lending criteria.
* Structures loan opportunities to comply with the Bank's Business Banking and SBA standards.
* Coordinates underwriting and due diligence review of new loans
* Safeguards the quality of the Bank's loan portfolio by aggressively managing the level of exceptions and delinquencies
* Reviews all pertinent credit and financial information, including information from reporting services, credit bureaus, banks, and bank files
* Determines the need for a more thorough investigation or additional information and contacts appropriate sources for such information
* Prepares summary, presents facts, and offers opinions concerning credit-worthiness to lenders and/or committees
* Monitors loan review process for each loan with portfolio for compliance with financial reporting and covenants
* Assists with compiling portfolio reports for management
* Monitors transactions with responsibility for following up with customers for financial statements and other information as requested
* Coordinates with Credit Department to maximize their use for underwriting and compliance review
* Interacts with Credit Administration to ensure proper documentation, loan closing, and file preparation
* Provides direct support to Business Banking Manager.
* Handles ongoing customer service issues
* Identifies credit and non-credit sales opportunities for the Bank and refers to the appropriate individual
* Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, or accounting; or equivalent training
* Minimum three (3) years of experience within a financial organization to gain the necessary experience and background knowledge
* Skilled at credit underwriting, risk management, and exercising judgment.
* Working knowledge of accounting, financial statements, and banking
* Proficient with spreadsheets and word processing applications
* Must be extremely organized, accurate and demonstrate the ability to carry out responsibilities with professionalism and respect for others
* Formal SBA and/or conventional credit training is preferred.
John Marshall Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Banking Services
- Business Administration
- Customer Service