The Catering Sous Chef is responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of a high quality, upscale corporate, wedding and social event catering plan at designated facilities with a focus on ensuring profitability and consistent food preparation within catering operation.
Pay Rate: $16.00 per hour
- Assist in the preparation and execution of high-quality food for a variety of special events.
- Accurately carry out proposals for catering services.
- Prepare food menu items for a combination of buffet, family style, and plated service.
- Assist with on-site catering staff supervision during events.
- Assist in the preparation of menu items for client tasting dates.
- Assist in the scheduling of event staff.
- Assist in maintaining the appearance and cleanliness of the kitchen area through a combination of daily and weekly cleaning schedules.
- Adhere to procedures to reduce waste and spoilage.
- May be required to meet with clients to determine specific catering needs.
- Maintain inventory systems for food and equipment.
- Assist in placing and receiving food, paper, chemical, and rental delivery orders.
- Work with park staff to maintain site-specific catering and communication procedures.
- Ensure that catered events operate in accordance with local health department standards.
- Assist with tracking individual event revenues and expenses.
- Adhere to all ABC regulations and inventory requirements.
- Work with outside caterers when necessary.
- Knowledge of emergency response procedures.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned by Management Staff.
- Must be 21 year of age or older.
- Ability to prepare and execute a high-end wedding menu.
- Working knowledge of and experience in the operation of food service facilities to include knowledge of commercial cooking equipment.
- Working knowledge of current sanitation standards and ability to adhere to these standards.
- Strength and dexterity necessary to perform all required tasks, including ability to lift 50lbs, stooping, and bending.
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Exhibit good communication and customer service skills.
- Availability to work a variable work schedule, which may include early and late hours, and weekends and holidays.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties including custodial and cleaning tasks.
- Possession of or ability to obtain and maintain a driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Possession of or ability to obtain necessary licenses or certifications, including but not limited to ServSafe and TIPs Alcohol certifications.
- Customer Service
- Defensive Driving
- Medical Emergency
- Restaurant Operation