R-00072212 Description Job Description: Leidos is seeking a candidate for a Chinese Toponymist (Geospatial Linguist) candidate to support a customer site in St. Louis, MO or Springfield Virginia. Active TS/SCI and willingness to obtain a POLY level clearance is REQUIRED to be considered. The Chinese Toponymist (Geospatial Linguist) shall analyze and conflate information associated with feature data listed in the Geographic Names Database (GNDB) while working closely with Intelligence Community (IC) geographic names experts. Selected candidate will use agency guidance and policies to respond to questions concerning the proper and correct usage of names, various Romanization systems, and the treatment of descriptive information on standard products. These services will use the Geographic Names Processing Systems (GNPS), charts, imagery and geospatial tools to refine names information for use in all types of products and to respond to use question via the Ad Hoc Query process. In addition, the candidate will prepare files and maps for work, accurately entering data to maintain and update the GNDB, including batching the completed work into the GNDB. The accuracy and reliability of the selected candidate’s work is essential to the missions of these users. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: * Selected candidate will scan and geo-reference hardcopy maps, research, and order geospatial data sources and commercial imagery to use as reference sources
* Georeferenced maps and imagery must be conflated with the GNDB Selected candidate will interpret and apply national and international policies governing the treatment of and general guidelines emanating from the US Board on Geographic Names (US BGN), the Department of State (DoS), the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), and other related organizations
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: * Requires a BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
* Qualified candidates will possess an ILR Skill Level Two certification for reading (DLPT5 2/2) in the language and have a minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience
* Qualified candidates should also have experience using ArcGIS or GeoMedia Pro; creating shapefiles, geo-databases; utilizing native maps, secondary source maps, and historic maps for extraction and comparison; mapping imagery for stereo and mono extraction at various resolutions; and, expertise in research and information gathering
* Active TS/SCI and willingness to obtain a POLY level clearance is REQUIRED to be considered. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: * Specific experience processing geographic names following agency policies and procedures is highly desired
* Ideal candidate must be a self-starter and capable of working independently with minimal supervision and guidance
* Candidate must be able to multitask and deliver quality products within specified timelines
* Candidate should work well as part of a team effort "External Referral Eligible"
MACSS Pay Range:
- Arc Gis (Gis Software)
- Intelligence Assessment
- Self Motivation
- Sensitive Compartmented Information (Sci Clearance)