To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) - (Mission Valley)
Premier Healthcare Services • San Diego, CA
Posted 1 month ago
WHO WE ARE:
Premier Healthcare Services is a leading provider of skilled in-home nursing care for patients. We are currently looking for a passionate, empathetic, motivated and COMMITTED individual to fill our Medical Social Worker Position! Our success is largely based upon hiring ambitious team members who provide outstanding customer care.
The Medical Social Worker is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services.
WHAT PREMIER OFFERS:
- WEEKLY pay (competitive rate).
- Be EMPOWERED by working INDEPENDENTLY with a FLEXIBLE work schedule.
- BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, vacations/sick days, life insurance, and 401(k) after meeting full-time hours.
- Generous referral BONUSES.
- Lunch and Learn G-tube, Ventilator, Trach Refresher Training and MORE.
- Low cost/free CEU’s.
- 24 hour on-call support
- One-on-one clinical development.
- FUN, POSITIVE, and PROFESSIONAL work environment.
- Employee appreciation event & employee recognition.
- Weekly core values newsletter, paid training & orientation.
MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses the psychosocial status of patients related to the patient’s illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse.
- Carries out social evaluations and plans interventions based on evaluation findings.
- Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
- Provides information and referral services for patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
- Provides information to patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Serves as liaison between patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with Premier personnel to support patient care.
- Maintains and develops contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patients and organization personnel.
- Participates in the development of the plan of care and case conferences as required.
- Assists physician and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Ensures compliance with all professional, State and Federal statutes and practices.
- Attends case conferences, team meetings and education in-services as required.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Clinical Director/Clinical Supervisor.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
- Follow and comply with all Premier safety rules and practices.
MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of a Master’s program in Social Work from a school of social work accredited or approved by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in health care.
- Experience in home healthcare preferred.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Current PPD or chest x-ray, if applicable.
- Current state licensure, CPR certification and a valid driver’s license.
If you feel that you are a match for our Medical Social Worker opening we welcome you to submit your resume.
Premier Healthcare Services is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as all other protected groups.