Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
- Grainger is ranked #6 by Selling Power Magazine as one of the 50 Best Companies to Sell For. Fortune Magazine also honors Grainger as one of America’s Most Admired Companies in its industry.
- Capitalizing on our reputation for service excellence, brand name recognition and our famous catalog, you’ll flourish in a fast-paced environment, using Grainger’s unparalleled value proposition. Deploy strong business acumen and marketing savvy to optimize sales and profitability in Puerto Rico. You will lead a team of approximately 10 to 14 Account Managers in developing long lasting partnerships with customers to supply and manage their MRO procurement.
- Our sales organization has resources including an expert team who can consult with you and your customers to discuss specific product lines, professional training and development programs, and our world-class e-commerce site. Grainger provides the cutting edge technology and efficiency our customers both require and expect of us. Your mission will be to identify, inspire, and mentor a peak performance team with an estimated annual spend of $30 Million.
Preferred Education & Experience
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is preferred, but not required; MBA a plus.
- B2B sales management experience is highly desired.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Demonstrate the ability to motivate and achieve results through others.
- Be strategic, organized and technologically savvy in your approach to managing your district and team. You will bring high-level problem solving, quantitative analysis and strong systems applications skills (including intermediate Excel).
- Understand financial reporting and have the ability to analyze business needs, costs/budgets, and economic earnings.
- Possess excellent presentation skills, a strong customer focus, and the ability to manage change.
- Demonstrate a track record of successful internal partner relationships that result in the achievement of sales and operations objectives.
- Be committed to lifelong learning.
“Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.”
Manage Sale Team
Implement Sale Strategy
Address Prospective Client
Create Sale Plan
Sales Process Training