Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. As a Sr. Category Manager with our Diagnostics Testing Services portfolio team, you will have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
Please note: This position may sit with either our Collegeville, PA, Chantilly, VA or San Juan Capistrano, CA site.
For assigned categories in the Diagnostics Testing Services portfolio, the successful candidate will develop, champion, and ensure implementation of ideas & strategies that will optimize total cost of ownership year-over-year.
This position manages the strategic category management and sourcing activities for Value Delivery functions for Molecular Assays primarily for Non-Women’s Health & Infectious Disease, and Traditional Microbiology, inclusive of Mycology, TB, etc. In addition, the position will manage strategic category management and sourcing activities for the Value Creation functions, to include, but not limited to: Cancer, Infectious Disease & Immunology, and Women’s Reproductive Health. The successful candidate will be required to achieve significant initial cost reductions and ongoing gross profit/earnings contribution, while maintaining/improving product quality and supplier service levels. This successful candidate will work closely and inclusively with key stakeholders to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans. The Category Manager's primary responsibility is to utilize the strategic sourcing best practices to capture real savings while making effective supply base decisions. This includes direct savings captured through consolidating company-wide purchasing volume and applying operational and commercial TCO levers to reduce cost and managing contracts with suppliers.
• Category Management Strategies--Individual will be responsible for:
• Developing and implementing of strategic sourcing plans for categories assigned.
• Fully understands and has a deep knowledge of the global landscape of categories assigned in terms of supplier base, technologies, competitive environment, total available market value (TAM) , market trends and cost impactors.
• Performing Category spend analytics across the Quest Diagnostics enterprise.
• Tracking forecasted vs actual savings and performance indicators for assigned Category and be responsible for communicating results/performance against these measures and any potential budgetary impact.
• Influencing franchise, operational, and other stakeholders as to their procurement requirements and assures those requirements are included in the category strategy
• Developing strategic roadmaps with these suppliers in support of company's future business needs.
• Manage the Supplier Business Engagement Model based on suppliers segmentation. Assure active and open supplier communications, ensure suppliers capabilities are leveraged and supported for Quest Diagnostics strategic alignment.
• Structuring and influence make vs buy vs outsource decisions.
• Sourcing Project Execution --Individual will be responsible for:
• Influencing and establishing project requirements for relevant categories working with internal stakeholder decision makers
• Defining and executing detailed plans to establish new supplier relationships and nurture existing supplier relationships that will result in meaningful contractual arrangements to support category strategies and related sourcing projects
• Providing regular and consistent measurement reports to internal customers that bring visibility on category level compliance and savings.
• Identifying, qualifying, ranking and selecting appropriate suppliers in collaboration with stakeholders and others within the enterprise
• Developing negotiations strategies and drive negotiations to achieve stated goals and objectives
• Negotiating contracts with suppliers of assigned categories. The terms of contracts include pricing, cost savings/reduction plans, delivery terms, payment terms, risk mitigation plans, quality terms, product development plans, regulatory compliances, etc.
• Analyzing risks and benefits of sourcing decisions and can clearly present proposals with this risk analysis
• Making sourcing recommendations and decisions based on financial analysis, cost structure of categories, supplier alignment with Quest Diagnostics goals and strategies, and supplier position in their industry and marketplace
• Leading cross-functional negotiating teams targeting key spend categories
• Defining target groups and obtaining their buy-in for new projects that will assure Quest Diagnostics vision, goals and strategies are achieved.
• On-going Supplier Management --Individual will be responsible for:
• Managing supplier development/relationships to ensure best in class pricing and price structures, product and service quality, continuity of goods and services, and alignment with internal client and company goals and strategies.
• Working with business area leadership to monitor contract compliance and business alignment.
• Managing the Quest Diagnostics Supplier Business Engagement Model. Conducts regular supplier performance reviews and strategic cost management initiatives, in collaboration with internal client leadership participation.
• Acting as a first escalation point if problems with the suppliers occur. Coordinating resolution of Supplier Performance issues
• Managing day to day relationships; Work with POC to solve conflicts in an open & candid way.
• BA/BS in Supply Chain Management/Business/Engineering or related field required.
• Successful 5 year track record in a global procurement organization
• Contract management experience
• Experience/Ability to work in a matrixed organization
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Strong influencing, change management and negotiation skills
• Multiple years of experience with strategic cost management techniques, including cost analysis, cost modeling, inclusive of cost take out work, and risk analysis
• Present and advocate the sourcing case to a variety of audiences with self-confidence
• Able to demonstrate a pattern of successful problem-solving
• Knowledge of Supply management strategies and tools
• Analytical and strategic thinking
• Passion for setting and meeting aggressive goals
• Openness for new initiatives, fast learner, proactive
• Ability to lead teams and build effective working relationships both internally and externally, and particularly in a highly matrixed environment
• Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate Candor; ability to respectfully communicate to and challenge senior leadership
• Results Orientation
• Strong analytical capabilities
• Self-starter and independent worker
• Ability to travel
Desired (Nice to Have/Assets) skills/experience/education:
• MBA preferred
• Supply Chain, Procurement, PM Certifications
• Healthcare Industry experience or knowledge preferred
• 5-10 years of experience in sourcing/supplier/category management preferred
• Experience with global sourcing initiatives
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong work ethics with unyielding integrity
• Advanced MS-Office user knowledge
• Openness for new initiatives and a good listener
• Experience in managing multi-functional projects.
Supplier Relationship Management
Supply Chain Management