Role: Research Associate - Biology - II
Location: Foster City, CA
Duration: 6 Months
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
We are seeking a highly motivated, creative and collaborative laboratory scientist to support discovery and development of therapeutic agents to treat non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and other fibrotic diseases. The successful candidate will support research projects by characterizing pre-clinical compounds, assessing mechanism of action, and participating in biomarker identification. The candidate must be driven, able to work independently with minimal supervision, and display scientific curiosity and rigor. Excellent organizational skills with regard to management of data, reagents, and equipment are essential.
This individual must demonstrate the ability to
- Independently plan, perform and manage experiments including cell-based assays, immunoassay, biochemical assays etc.
- Perform cell-based assays on mammalian cell lines
* Assess therapeutic potential and mechanism of action of new drugs by analysis of tissues and plasma from pre-clinical rodent models.
- Proactively troubleshoot technical issues and recommend potential corrective actions based on personal observations and literature searches.
- Work both independently and collaboratively to advance projects, perform studies with minimal supervision.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- Applicants must have a BS degree with 5+ years of relevant experience or a MS degree with 4+ years of relevant experience, preferably in industry.
* Technical skills should include extensive experience with human and rodent cell culture, cell-based assays, Western blot, and immunoassays such as ELISA, MSD, and/or Luminex.
* Experience with gene expression analysis is a plus. Proficiency with basic data analysis programs (Excel, GraphPad Prism, etc.) and application of statistics.