To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- McLean, VA
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Director, Hilton Supply Management Business Applications
Hilton Corporate • McLean, VA
Posted 21 days ago
Hilton Supply Management (HSM) uses their expertise to forecast and proactively manage our property's supply chains, so hotel employees can focus on what's important - the guest experience. With more than 6,000 hotels in our program (including over 1,500 non-Hilton-branded hotels), HSM drives massive economies of scale and negotiates competitive contracts with industry-leading suppliers - ensuring direct savings on the products their hotel partners use most.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Director, Business Applications will report to the VP Hilton Supply Management Center of Excellence and will be responsible for the vision, strategy, deployment, ongoing support and process improvement of HSM's suite of technology solutions used across the Americas, UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. The candidate will work alongside key stakeholders to successfully determine technology priorities and implement related solutions.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide strategic leadership in both deploying new and managing existing technologies in support of Hilton Supply Management and its customers.
- Oversee the deployment and ongoing support of Procure-to-Pay solutions for both Hilton and third-party properties.
- Manage the team responsible for building and supporting robust Reporting technologies, inclusive of tools for collecting data, storing information and presenting results.
- Support the implementation and usage of Portal technologies, inclusive of customer, supplier, and internally used portals.
- Identify and lead other mid to large size system initiatives and special technology projects.
- Ensure team members perform project management tasks in an organized manner that enables successful and timely deployment.
- Effectively lead a global, remote, and diverse team of Hilton employees, contractors and software partners.
- Model a collaborative working relationship with both internal and external stakeholders (ex. Finance, IT, HSM, customers, suppliers).
- Continually improve the processes and performance of the department, including long range planning and introduction of new capabilities and strategies.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide direction and directives to the departmental team members in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities and in achieving management objectives.
- Execute directives of organization's mission, goals and objectives and demonstrates through ongoing and direct motivation, communication, group dynamics and leadership.
- Develop high-performance teams, preparing a succession plan for key positions and high performers annually. This includes ensuring appropriate talent is identified in compliance with the department staffing plan.
- Determine staffing needs and handle the recruiting, selecting, hiring, training and developing of departmental team members.
- Work with direct reports on goals to assist in accomplishing department initiatives, and their own career objectives.
- Translate organizational goals and objectives into performance standards for division, departments and individual positions.
- Evaluate these performances and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Ensure business plan and goals are being followed and achieved, providing feedback or revision.
- Evaluate supplier performance within targeted markets and monitor return on invested capital.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking problem solvers, who are passionate about hospitality and who love the chance to create extraordinary guest experiences. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to engage audiences
- Collaborative and interpersonal teammates, who build positive relationships, exhibit tact and earn trust
- Strong communicators, both verbally and in writing, who effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Problem solvers, who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems. This includes demonstrating an aptitude for effectively addressing any issue in collaboration with others.
- Self-starters, who take initiative in leading goals, utilize analytical skills and possess adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals, who take ownership of projects, effectively communicate results and recommend improvements
- Respectful teammates, who possess a good work ethic and high degree of integrity
- Teammate, who works well with others, while employing diplomacy with high-level executives and customers within the organization on a global scale
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ten (10) years of project management experience
- Five (5) years' experience in purchasing, supply management and reporting technologies (ex. PeopleSoft, Salesforce, BirchStreet, Check, Ariba, Tableau)
- Five (5) years of management experience
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Ten (10) years' experience in purchasing, supply management and reporting technologies (ex. PeopleSoft, Salesforce, BirchStreet, Check, Ariba, Tableau)
- Experience in the hospitality industry
- Experience leading global teams
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!