To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Easton, MD 21601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Operating Room Attendant
University of Maryland Medical System • Easton, MD
Posted 1 month ago
The Attendant, under the direction of the RN/LPN, assists the staff with the provision of basic nursing care and non-clinical tasks. In addition to routinely assigned tasks, the Attendant is expected to provide assistance as necessary, anticipating the needs of the direct care providers. Supports System and Nursing Strategic Plans, Relationship-Based Care, and Shared Leadership.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
1. Anticipates and provides room turnover in an efficient, expeditious fashion.
2. Stocks warmers with blankets and IV fluids as needed and rotates dated supplies throughout the day. Maintains and evaluates blanket warmer temperatures. Accurately and legibly records data collected. Notifies the Clinical Coordinator or designee of variances.
3. Maintains environment in a clean and orderly fashion, especially equipment storage areas and corridors. Assures appropriate functionality of the OR lighting. Assists with the change out of equipment lighting when needed.
4. Responsible to complete the daily OR cleaning assignment.
5. Ensures all gas tanks are filled appropriately prior to surgery and are installed correctly. Maintains safe storage of the gases.
6. Provides safe and efficient transport/transfer of patients. Retrieves beds for post op admits as needed.
7. Assists in the positioning and prepping of patients.
8. Seeks and supports opportunities for professional growth and development.
9. Functions cooperatively as a team member. Responds to changing patient/unit needs. During a patient or environmental emergency, may serve as a runner or transport patients.
10. Complies with all hospital rules, regulations and nursing standards.
11. Offers support and feedback to peers and staff. Applies principles of caring and healing in interactions with patients and families and with colleagues.
12. Offers consistent and visible support to team members.
13. Strives to achieve excellence of service as described in the CARE Manual.
14. Responds to the following Shore Health System codes: Code Red (in the immediate area), Code Pink (when called), Code Yellow (when called).
15. Responsible for honest behavior in all matters. To the best of the employee’s knowledge and understanding, complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations. Ensures accuracy in the medication process, including, transport, storage and security of medications to include IV solutions.
16. Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information. Uses and discloses only that information which is necessary to perform the function of the job.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Be Successful:
High school diploma or equivalent.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.