You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
First Transit has been purchased by Transdev and will be the employer for this job posting. We are the leading integrator and operator of multiple modes of transportation. With a combined presence in 43 US states, plus DC and Puerto Rico, we have lots of opportunities for growth! You can find additional job opportunities and locations directly at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to General Manager.
Join the First Transit team as a General Manager and initiate, develop, and maintain a successful contract relationship. First Transit General Managers are committed to safety, customer service and have hands experience in all areas of the transportation business.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefit package, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, 401 (k) savings plan
- A great work environment
General Manager major responsibilities:
- Handling all contractual services to include administrative functions, operations, information systems, parts purchasing, and inventory control.
- Ensuring compliance of all company procedures and policies
- Ensuring services are provided within budget and action plans developed and implemented to improve operational efficiencies.
- Maintaining company and contractual assets (vehicles, facilities, inventories, tools, and equipment).
- Ensuring compliance of local, state, and federal laws and regulation (EPA, OSHA, DOT, ADA, and EEOC).
- Analyzing, preparing, and developing budgets and forecasts.
- Assessing resource needs, problems, trends and plans accordingly.
- Developing action plans to ensure customer retention.
- Assuring a safe working environment.
- Providing and promotes effective communications with customers.
- Providing leadership and guidance to develop location and company bench strength.
- Establishing training goals and requirements for all personnel.
- Satisfying client, corporate, and contractual reporting requirements and needs.
- Assisting in technical sales support and develops sales leads
General Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Valid driver's license
- 3 years of experience managing bus service
- Proven record of handling multiple responsibilities
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
- Customer Service
- Financial Management
- Hardworking And Dedicated
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: AC04-8837_44902
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.