The Program Manager is responsible for operational management, contract management and compliance of all MFA government contracts and subcontracts within the Department of Emergency Medicine.).
This position will serve a vital role within the organization and will directly report to the Executive Director, with additional oversight and guidance by the Chief Compliance Officer.\n
The Program Manager is responsible for operational management, contract management and compliance of all MFA government contracts and subcontracts within the Department of Emergency Medicine.
This position will serve a vital role within the organization and will directly report to the Executive Director, with additional oversight and guidance by the Chief Compliance Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this position successfully, an individual must perform all essential duties satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for day to day operations of the LOGCAP V (LCV) subcontract, in which the MFA is responsible for managing the EMS system on the U.S. Bases in Kuwait. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Directs, performs and monitors day-to-day operations of the program to ensure that contract terms, policies, and procedures are being followed, that goals and objectives are met, and that services and projects are being accomplished efficiently and effectively; takes corrective action as necessary and, where subordinates are present, may relieve them of the most difficult or sensitive projects within the program.
- Serves as the organization’s liaison with the prime contractor and its various representatives in the theater of operations, incorporate, and other levels as applicable to the LCV program.
- .Responsible for developing relationships at all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish program goals.
- Develops and directs the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards where applicable; interprets and complies with all applicable federal and state regulations, in consultation with counsel.
- Prioritizes and allocates available program resources; reviews and evaluates program, compliance, and service delivery, makes recommendations for and executes changes in operations to ensure maximum effective service provision; assists in developing new program function elements, including researching, compiling, and analyzing supporting data.
- Provides for the selection, training, professional development, and work evaluation of subordinate staff and makes recommendations on hiring, termination, promotion, and discipline as required for program staff.
- Responsible for the recruitment, deployment, and demobilization of subcontract personnel.
- Ensures the team on the ground is well supported by the Program Management and all support departments within the MFA (i.e. HR, Payroll).
- Plans, organizes, administers, reviews, and evaluates the work of subordinate professional, technical, support, and operational staff. Travels, as necessary, both domestically and internationally.
- Develops and monitors the program’s budget; oversees the financial well-being of the program by analyzing cost-effectiveness and exercising cost controls; prepares, submits, and justifies budget enhancement requests to the Executive Director and/or Chief Financial Officer.
Contract Management and Compliance
- Responsible for full life cycle administration of contracts to include the review, negotiation, and management of all existing government contracts including LCV, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMC), Washington DC VA Medical Center, and Department of State.
- Responsible for review of requirements for new bids and awards and works in collaboration with other offices within the organization and University (i.e. Procurement and Legal) to identify risk and ensure compliance.
- Centrally monitors requirements of all the government contracts (to include FAR and VFAR clauses), completes task necessary for compliance with contract terms, and provides annual certifications and representations required by government clients and prime contractors, and the System for Award Management (SAM).
- Responsible for developing, preparing, and delivering regular reports on contract compliance to the Financial Oversight and Regulatory Compliance Committee.
- Identifies current requirements that may require further adherence to contract terms and related compliance requirements, and develops programs to ensure adherence and compliance.
- Responsible for understanding, referencing, and seeking guidance as needed on the Kuwait Labor Law to ensure compliance.
- Monitors and stays abreast of technological, legal, and operational changes that affect the activities and work processes of all contracted programs; makes recommendations for and develops and carries out improvements to the program to meet changing mission parameters and requirements in collaboration with the Executive Director and Chief Compliance Officer.
- Provides oversight to the Facility Security Officer and ensures all requirements of the organization's Facility Security Clearance (FSC).
- Five years of government contracting experience in program management and/or contracts management; or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- In-depth knowledge of the FAR and the federal contracting process is required.
- Strong attention to detail. Experience with pricing government contracts preferred and proposal writing and development a plus.
- Attention To Detail
- Contract Management
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Emergency Medicine