DLH is a provider of health technology-enabled business process outsourcing and program management solutions supporting large-scale federal health and human services as well as programmatic services in Promotion/Education, Compliance/Monitoring, Assessments, Pharmacy Services, Telehealth, Medication Adherence and Life Sciences.
Purpose of Position:
DLH is currently seeking a Proposal Manager. This position, located in Silver Spring, MD, and will report to the Senior Corporate Account Manager and be responsible for managing all assigned proposal activities from pre-solicitation release to submission. Provide leadership and direction for the Proposal Development team in support of the business unit’s strategic business plan. The ideal candidate will manage proposals mainly in the following areas: Health IT enabled services as well as programmatic services in Promotion/Education, Compliance/Monitoring, Assessments, Pharmacy Services, Telehealth, Medication Adherence and Life Sciences.
- Managing all proposal activities from pre-solicitation release to submission.
- Responsible for managing all resources essential to the proposal process and the execution and delivery of a proposal
- Develop and distribute appropriate proposal-related documentation, including writing assignments, compliance matrices, style guides, outlines, schedules, presentations, and color team/milestone reviews.
- Assist with the creation and editing of proposal content, and review content for compliance and cohesiveness
- Schedule and lead proposal meetings, review and manage the proposal calendar.
- Report the status of all proposals and opportunities.
- Participate in various Proposal/Capture activities by providing support.
- Monitor notification services, external resources, Federal Government, state and district websites for solicitation release and amendments/modifications.
- Assist with other needs as required including development of marketing materials, qualification submittals, presentations, and collaborate on writing new materials (past performance, corporate fact sheets, brochures, project literature, and presentations)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred. (Proven work experience will be considered in lieu of education.)
- 7-10 years of direct work experience in proposal development and coordination
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills including strong proposal writing capabilities to assist as needed with developing compliant and compelling proposals for DLH opportunities
- Able to effectively prioritize and work independently
- Ability to successfully communicate with teammates, corporate executive management, and other employees at all levels
- Must possess demonstrated abilities to work under and tight deadlines, work independently and as part of a team prioritizing multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude under stress and ability to work with a diverse group of personalities
- Excellent organizational skills, writing skills, and oral communication skills.
- Assist with proposal writing and/or identify subject matter experts that can effectively contribute to responding to proposal requests.
- Contribute to knowledge base and “boilerplate” material for effective reuse in proposals.
- Lead storyboarding, kickoff, and review meetings; assist proactively in developing strategic win themes and discriminators.
- Expert-level proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 (including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, and Word), SharePoint (required), Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Proficient with capture and business development tools such as GovWin, Bloomberg, and PipeDrive.
- Understanding of US Government contracting (FAR and DFAR) and proposal processes.
- Ability to travel (up to 30%) in order to work on-site with Proposal Team when requested
- Participate in proposal review meetings to ensure integration of all proposal activities.
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) certification desired.
- Working knowledge of the Health and Human Services community
DLH Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.