EHS & Facilities Manager
BUSINESS: Leslie Controls, Inc
LOCATION: Tampa, FL
DIRECT REPORTING: Director of Plant Management
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Operations
The Employee Health & Safety (EHS) and Facilities Manager will have primary local site responsibilities for all required environmental, health and safety activities that are accomplished as required by regulatory or policy requirements. They will also support the organization by managing all facilities related needs and leading the maintenance team. This role will have 3 direct reports including a EHS Specialist and 2 Maintenance team members.
Environmental, Health, & Safety
- Maintain and develop the EHS Management System, including the development of necessary EHS programs and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and guidelines; CIRCOR Corporate EHS policies, procedures, initiatives; and Industry Best Practices.
- Ensure compliance and accountability for conformance to the EHS Program by all site personnel, visitors and contractors through appropriate awareness level and task-specific training
- Facilitate the Site EHS Council in support of the EHS Management System and serve as a technical resource to the EHS Teams.
- Work closely with site leadership to ensure continual improvement and compliance with all EHS activities in support of the EHS Management System.
- Drive World-Class EHS Performance through the implementation of Comprehensive EHS Inspections &Audits Program and a Robust Incident Investigation Process that ensures the implementation of effective preventive and corrective actions.
- Oversee the Site Security Process, Security Plan, and Emergency Planning and Response Process.
- Build and drive a Behavioral-based Safety Culture with a focus on Safety as a Core Value within the Site
- Develop and facilitate a site-wide audit and inspection strategy, utilizing both internal and external resources, to identify work hazards and exposures. Provide oversight and guidance to the Site Audit and Inspections Team to determine trends and action plans for remediation, preventive, and corrective actions.
- Audit the quality of incident investigations to ensure appropriate root cause and mistake proof solutions are implemented throughout the facility. Advise the leadership team and line management on corrective action and hazard mitigation. Participate in site investigations, as required.
- Provide regulatory and practical training, as applicable through the development and implementation of a Training and Education Plan. Create new training materials, as required. Train supervisors regarding their EHS responsibilities, the recognition of hazards and risks, and completion of incident investigations.
- Coordinate and facilitate the completion of hazard assessments, including but not limited to PPE, ergonomic, machine guarding, confined space, fall protection, and process risk assessments.
- Develop and manage the Total Predictive Maintenance program.
- Establish and maintain service contracts with external vendors.
- Oversee and maintain accountability for the operation, maintenance, and repair of machinery and the facility.
- Identify and drive cost saving initiatives throughout the facility.
- Implement and maintain a preventive maintenance system.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Supervise and coordinate activities for a staff of maintenance workers.
- Monitors the work of all repairmen to ensure that quality work is completed and that all safety precautions and procedures are observed.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safe and healthful working conditions in all areas of responsibility. Enforce plant-wide safety rules and regulations established as company policy.
- All other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Must have experience developing, implementing and managing EHS plans and programs.
- Must have manufacturing experience with a strong working knowledge of electrical safety / LOTO, machine guarding, mechanical ventilation, high pressure testing, and ergonomics.
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to drive organizational change.
- Ability to interface with employees and management in an effective and professional manner.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. An ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of employees, leadership, consultants, and regulatory entities.
- Ability to apply critical thinking methods: define problems, collect and interpret relevant data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and implement countermeasures.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees and/or customers.
- Ability to research, prepare, and format training and other written communications to effectively present information to employees, senior leadership, public groups, or regulatory agencies.
- Hands on with a sense of urgency, ability to manage under pressure and manage multiple priorities and projects. Attention to detail is essential in addition to multi-tasking ability
- Ability to self-start and follow through on tasks.
- Change agent with the ability to work with peers to drive change
- Experience with Contractor Pre-qualification Programs, including PICS, PEC Premier, and ISNetworld is preferred, but not required.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, EHS or business-related field with advanced academic and professional training preferred. Experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5 Plus years of environmental, health and safety management experience. This position is approximately 75% safety and 25% environmental.
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
- Change Management