To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Harrison, NY 10577
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Histotechnologist (Moh's Surgery)- Per Diem
Westmed Medical Group • Harrison, NY
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Histotechnologist is accountable for the accuracy and reliability of all testing run under his/her supervision, both patient and Q.C. material; and performing accurately tissue sections for pathological interpretation in a timely manner.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all testing performed under his/her supervision is according to established, approved procedures and quality control policies.
- Ensures that all testing is done under optimal conditions (ie. Instruments functioning properly; reagents in good condition and proper technique followed.)
- Record daily Quality Control of all instruments used in job description, maintaining proper documentation of record temperatures, instruments cleaning, and troubleshooting.
- Performs preventive maintenance and basic troubleshooting procedures on all
- Assists with embedding, cutting, staining as needed
- Change and/or rotates reagents on Leica stainer as needed, with daily QC.
- Distribute slides to pathologists.
- Perform Special Stains and Immunos as needed
- Assist with accessioning as needed.
- Assist with processing Thinprep as needed, remove 1ml of Thinprep fluid if GC/Chlamydia is requested
- File slides daily
- File paper work daily (QC paperwork from Nexes and Ventana instruments).
- Consults with pathologists, staff physicians, and other personnel as necessary.
- Participates in the Quality Control Program for reagents and tests as per section protocol.
- Order supplies for her section as needed.
- Knowledgeable in LIS applications for Histology/Cytology to perform job duties.
- Perform other ancillary duties as directed by competent authority.
HT degree or equivalent Certification as a lab technologist under CLEP
- NY State license is a requirement
- Broad knowledge of tests performed and equipment utilized in the
- Ability to deal with confidential information with the utmost discretion. Interpersonal skill necessary to deal courteously and effectively with administration, peers and the public
- Sufficient technical ability to be able to troubleshoot independently and knowledge to know when to ask for assistance
Westmed Medical Group is a large, award-winning multi-specialty medical practice, with headquarters in Purchase, NY. It is staffed by a team of over 500 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers who are dedicated to providing coordinated, efficient and the highest quality of patient care at its 13 locations in Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County, CT. The practice, known for its one-stop-shopping medical experience for patients, uses state-of-the-art systems and has a national reputation for measured healthcare excellence. Westmed offers 60+ medical specialties and currently has over 1,000 employees. Our mission is to be your trusted partner in comprehensive, lifelong care. The foundation for service excellence at Westmed Medical Group starts with the patient experience and focusing on the complete total care of our patients. Westmed is recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Level 3 Medical Home, the highest achievable level. Westmed has been one of 480 Medicare Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) nationwide since 2012, and was ranked a Fortune® 2017 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and in New York State.
Here at Westmed Medical Group, we look for individuals who are interested in and seek a challenging, growth-oriented, dynamic and friendly environment. Individuals with a strong work ethic along with a caring personality are who we find to be most successful here, fitting into our not so basic mantra of simply being “Smart" & “Nice". Our organization is constantly looking to bring on like-minded people who have a genuine interest in helping people and possess an intellectual curiosity to try and do things better and more efficiently. We strive to bring out the best in all of our team members and provide individuals with the support they need to achieve their career aspirations while providing the best quality care to our patients.
We provide a modern office environment, state-of-the-art equipment and technology as well as competitive benefits and salary. Our benefits include medical, dental, free copays for employees who see Westmed physicians, discounted vision glasses, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401k and profit sharing, flexible spending plans, and more. Westmed Medical Group has also been GreatRated! as a Great Place to Work, the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.