To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA 22314
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Alexandria, VA
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in Alexandria, Virginia (VA) that is seeking a Finance Manager. Summary: The client is looking for a Financial Manager for a business portfolio with over $150M of annual revenue from a diversified set of Government clients. The individual will be responsible for all aspects of the Portfolio's financial planning and analysis, project forecasting, financial reporting, operational controls, and compliance. Major Job Activities:
- Review portfolio level financial statements, monthly results, forecasts, and budgets to assess financial condition of the portfolio in an effort to drive improved profitability and business performance
- Working with the Program Managers, Functional Leads, and Leadership team, oversees development of strategic business plans and forecasts
- Prepare, update and distribute monthly Business Line/Program results with insights into trends and variance analysis
- Manages all programs EAC (Estimate at Complete) forecast
- Responsible for preparation of financial statements and reporting for the monthly (PMR) Program Management Review
- Manages the Pricing function including the preparation and reviewing of cost proposals
- Primary point of contact for all DCAA audits ensuring timely, accurate and complete interaction with the various auditors
- Responsible for development of forward pricing rates for the programs
- Maintains financial project orders and work instructions, developing new ones as required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field required
- MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred
- 10+ years of experience in all areas of accounting and finance with demonstrated increase in scope of responsibility if that period of work was in a role other than management
- Three (3) or more years of supervisory/management experience is required
- Previous experience supporting a federal contract (Fixed Price Incentive/Cost Plus) is a plus
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills (Able to engage, energize, mentor and motivate staff)
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Working knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) & Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Significant experience in financial management of government contracts (Cost Plus, Firm Fixed Price, Firm Fixed Price Incentive)
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Excel, MS Word, Essbase, JAMIS and Oracle
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial and related Business Systems
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communications and negotiation skills for a wide variety of audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated courage to confront reality and challenge opposing positions
- Excellent presentation skills
- Highly complex financial analysis skills
- Substantial knowledge of revenue recognition and profit analysis concepts and techniques