To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Windstream • US-Nationwide
Posted 26 days ago
The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities include evaluation of Fixed Wireless technologies, evaluating hardware platforms, testing and certification of radio hardware and software, as relates to a service provider. Responsibilities also include testing new features and services and providing short and long term network engineering guidance.
- Working knowledge of various Fixed Wireless technologies in licensed and unlicensed spectrum, Point to Point, Point to Multi-point, and Multipoint Mesh topologies, Capacities and Best Practices
- Follow Industry trends and new technologies and incorporate them into a forward-looking 3-5 year Network development
- Hands-on familiarity with radios, features, reach in different spectra, inter-operability with other network equipment, etc. and the ability to cable out and power equipment in a lab environment
- Author detailed test plans and oversee lab execution of test bed and test cases
- Design, Write, and Publish Reference Architectures to guide the evolution of the Fixed Wireless Network and products delivered over Fixed Wireless
- Write and Publish Technical Specification Documents (TSDs) that are vendor-specific and include provisioning and troubleshooting guidelines
- Excellent documentation skills in writing and following published lab test plans for lab testing and certification of new and existing equipment
- Work with Marketing, Engineering and Operational teams on new services and products
- Utilize high level communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain productive working relationships
- Promote positive change in the company’s business strategy through achievement of customer specific objectives and technological innovation of practical and profitable nature
- Other job related duties as needed/assigned
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Layer 2 / Layer 3 networking, protocols, design, implementation, and operation
- Knowledge of 4G/5G technologies
- Knowledge of open network platform work and network automation methods and standards in public telecommunications and service provider networks
- Good understanding of the Telecommunications industry, in depth knowledge of one or more engineering disciplines and vendor equipment
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical writing skills for documenting test plans, test results, certification and application guides
- Ability to independently manage workload and intergroup expectations
- Demonstrated knowledge of data networking as applies to a service provider
- Strong knowledge of accepted engineering practices
- Strong computer software knowledge including Microsoft Office, MS Visio, Metasolv, and other custom planning tools.
- Ability to stay current with economic and technological developments in the industry
- 7+ years in a Network Engineering environment or related technical job field
- 5+ years’ experience working for a Tier 1/Tier 2 Service Provider
- 4+ years’ experience with Fixed Wireless engineering and network deployment
Minimum Education and Experience:
College degree and 5-7 years experience or 9 + years equivalent related Engineering/Technical experience or a combination of education and related Engineering/Technical experience required.Desired Qualifications: Ability to stay current with the economical and technological developments.
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.