To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Prescott, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Home Health Medical Assistant
The Evangelical Lutheran Good Samaritan Society • Prescott, AZ
Posted 21 days ago
Join our not-for-profit organization that has provided nearly 100 years of housing and services to seniors with a commitment to quality care and service in a Christian environment.
Show YOU care, join us today!
Home Health Medical Assistant
Location: 0300 - GSS Legacy Home Care
1953 Commerce Center Circle
Prescott, Arizona, 86301
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hourly: 13.20 - 14.22
The Good Samaritan Society challenges each employee to grow daily in love and kindness. Each employee plays an integral role in the Society. Home health services from the Good Samaritan Society provide people of all ages medical assistance in their homes, while offering support and respite for their loved ones. The medical assistant is a key position in working with the home health team. The right candidate is a team player and can work effectively in a fast-paced environment and prioritize to accomplish the needs of the agency. Working together to serve our community in home health needs is a privilege and an opportunity show Gods love.
Scheduled hours Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Verifies necessary information and makes entries in the medical record.
- Experienced in scanning/indexing medical documents.
- Completes prior authorizations and insurance approvals.
- Sorts and processes incoming faxes.
- Verifies and updates patient profile information.
- Provide excellent customer service when taking calls and following up on client inquiries.
- Communicates well on the phone, provides information as needed and addresses agency staff appropriately. Triages patient phone calls to the correct clinical staff member.
- Responds to agency personnel needs efficiently and professionally.
- Stocking of front office area supplies when needed.
- Flexibility, strong attention to detail and good time management skills in a very fast paced environment A MUST.
- Must be able to redirect and change tasks easily and often.
- General Office Management - order supplies, work with office vendors, ensure documentation and files are organized and secured at all times.
- Other tasks and duties as may be requested as the job and job environment evolve.
- Greets visitors and staff making them feel welcome.
- Must understand and respect client's ethics and confidentiality of care.
Medical Assistant/nursing assistant certification not required but is a bonus. CNAs/HHAs and MAs encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in a home health care setting preferred.
- Word processing and computer copy/fax machine experience.
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to type patient information
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- S kill in answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner and using a multi-line telephone system.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying employees. The variety of benefits include: health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit: https://www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit: https://www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
All qualified applicants will recieve consideration for employment without regard to gender, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status.