Purpose Statement / Position Summary
The MemorialCare Project Management family is responsible for a range of activities related to the design, planning, execution, facilitation, implementation, and completion of information technology projects adhering to timeline, budget, and scope. They oversee all aspects of MemorialCare Information Services (IS) projects and are responsible for working closely with the project stakeholders, including vendor management. Throughout the course of projects, they assign responsibilities, monitor and report on progress of projects, as well as prepare reports for leadership regarding the status of the project.
The Senior Project Manager provides consulting, systems analysis, and overall project management to large scale projects, for an assigned business area. The Project Manager, Sr oversees the management of all phases of multiple projects in parallel with little to no guidance from senior staff. They apply knowledge of business and applications to recommend solutions. They are accountable for the success of multiple parallel system implementations, repairs, process improvements, and overall project benefits realization. Project Manager, Sr’s function as a key point of user contact and customer service for their active projects and are accountable for user satisfaction, dealing with senior operational leaders. They help to develop project management methodologies and procedures as well as help to educate individuals both in and outside the department as it relates to IS and services. They prepare analytical reports and are expected to evaluate project successes and issues and make recommendations to IS and operational leadership.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Manage all phases of assigned projects, including identifying and defining project requirements, defining scope and objectives, as well as preparing Project proposals, timeframes, and overall schedule
- Lead or conduct system analysis associated with existing or proposed computing systems
- Assist in the design, development, and implementation oversight of end-to-end integrated software solutions
- Identify and resolve problems of varying complexity as well as conduct root cause analysis of problems, taking actions to prevent recurring instances of issues
- Coordinate and manage Implementation Service project governance requests throughout their lifecycle
- Create and maintain documentation, plans, templates, and reports on assigned tasks
- Develop and maintain project budgets and oversee expenditures
- Monitor and report on progress against established project milestones
- Be at work and be on time
- Follow company policies, procedures and directives
- Interact in a positive and constructive manner
- Prioritize and multitask
Essential Job Outcomes
- Manages all phases of assigned projects including initiation, definition and planning, execution, monitoring and cost control, and project close out. Works to identify and define project requirements, scope, and objectives
- Manages all categories of MemorialCare IS projects including new system selection, system implementation, benefits realization, and re-engineering processes using accepted project management techniques
- Assists all stakeholders in making sure overall Project needs and objectives are understood and executed as projects evolve through the development cycle. Where necessary, applies assertiveness to ensure that the Project moves along and that decisions are made in a timely manner.
- Helps prepare Project proposals, timeframes, and schedule; breaking projects out into measurable milestones.
- Monitors and reports on progress against established project milestones related to working hours, plans, and expenditures, utilizing MemorialCare provided tools. Analyzes risks, as well as opportunities and areas for improvement.
- Educates and trains junior staff related to business, information systems, systems analysis, and project management through on-the-job instruction and formal training programs
- Identifies, researches, and recommends new and improved uses of computer applications to enhance current processes, achieve cost advantages, and/or improve customer service.
- Leads or conducts system analysis associated with existing or proposed computing systems; provides support in the use of existing systems and ensures appropriate and optimal systems use.
- Undertakes assignments as required to react quickly and positively to new or emergent situations. Where applicable, assist in design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated software solutions to facilitate solutions to meet organization goals.
- Communicates effectively the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to internal business and project stakeholders. Ensures proper communication on assigned tasks and holds responsibility for aligning expectations to clearly define requirements.
- Participates actively in multiple projects as advisor to ensure understanding of business issues, current needs, problems, expected outcomes, and overall project success
- Develops project strategies, defines project schedules, manages resources and equipment, develops plans and reports, and tracks information.
- Identifies and resolves problems of varying complexity that arise in and outside of the department
- Conducts root cause analysis of problems and take actions to prevent recurring instances of issues
- Develop and maintain project budgets and oversee expenditures/procurement
- Coordinates and manages all IS project governance requests throughout their lifecycle and ensures proper documentation and communication to all stakeholders.
- Facilitates project meetings; documents and follows-up on actions and decisions. Records and distributes meeting minutes within a timely manner.
- Ensures that both client and IS teams’ needs are met as projects evolve, monitors project progress, handles issues that arise, and communicates regularly on project developments to relevant participants in efforts to maintain overall visibility.
- Creates and maintains documentation, plans, templates, and reports on assigned tasks
- Minimum 5 years project management or relevant experience required
- Minimum 3 years system analyst or equivalent business experience
- Proven excellent leadership and relationship management skills, as well as the ability to manage and motivate direct and indirect reports
- Experienced working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated understanding of key areas of the healthcare business
- Demonstrated high energy levels and tolerance of tight deadlines, time pressures, and ambiguity
- Proven knowledge of PCs, collaborative computing tools, re-engineering and process improvement techniques, information management in healthcare, systems integration and basic project finance regulations
- Experienced in leading projects, providing expert consultative guidance and direction on change initiatives, effectively dedicating time across more than one project, and meeting established deadlines
- Proven ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules, and step-by-step action plans
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Suite Products required
- Demonstrated analytical, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Proven superior oral and written communication and presentation skills; able to interact with individuals across all departments
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent PMI recognized certification required
United States-California-Fountain ValleyPrimary Location: Schedule:
Process Improvements (Business)
Complex Problem Solving