You've been building to this for a long time. Now, here's an opportunity that will bring all your study, all your training, your certifications and your energy to a new level as you develop solutions to transform the health care industry as a key player with Optum and UnitedHealth Group. As a VP of Government Programs Actuarial Consulting, you'll provide strategic direction to project teams in the delivery of consulting services to both internal and external Medicare and Medicaid customers. You'll review forecasts and trend analyses, oversee the development of actuarial pricing models, develop pricing methodologies and assumptions and help us write the next chapter in health system performance.
- Lead and cultivate client relationships and business development
- Provide design and oversight of complex actuarial projects on client assignments
- Lead Actuarial efforts that affect new and existing business
- Provide direction for the development of competitive analysis and determine the impact on premiums and various product proposals
In this role, you will be challenged with selling our actuarial and analytical tools and services while also focusing on flawless execution and delivery of our services. Your ability to analyze information and translate it into action that will continue to move the organization forward will be critical to your success.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- ASA or FSA designation
- 10+ years of actuarial experience
- Experience working in Medicare Advantage and/or Medicaid
- 2+ years of work experience in an actuarial consulting organization
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-apprved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Prior consulting experience including project management and business development
- Experience managing and providing work direction to a team
Raising our game in actuarial science will help UnitedHealth Group maintain our leadership for years to come. Join us and learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.SM
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $169,500 to $322,500. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, in addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Actuarial, Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from Home, Work at Home, Remote