About Pet Food Express
Pet Food Express is the best place to shop for pet supplies – and it’s all because of the people who work here. Sure, we have better products and more convenient services. But most importantly, we offer gold-standard customer service and expert advice for even the toughest pet problems. Sound like you? Join us.
Our Sales Consultants do a little bit of everything – and matter a lot. They work the cash registers, stock shelves, answer customer questions, and generally make sure every customer has a fun, friendly, and informative shopping experience.
On an average day, Sales Consultants:
- Actively approach and engage with our two-legged and four-legged customers.
- Answer customer questions about specific products.
- Use the PFE Whole Life Approach to provide tailored recommendations that help customers live their best possible lives with their pets.
- Participate in daily training and continuous educational programs to enhance your product knowledge and sales skills.
- Stay up-to-date about new products and the pet community.
- Operate the cash register in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Unload shipments and stock the store – this includes lifting heavy bags of dog food. (It’s just one part of the job, but is pretty physical. Make sure this is for you!)
- Clean and maintain the store.
What you’ll need:
- We value potential over experience. The bottom line is that we hire great people, pay them well, and train them on what they need to know. If you’re unsure about whether you meet our qualifications, just apply.
- A passion for pets and people.
- A warm and welcoming personality.
- Sales and/or pet experience is a plus.
- Eagerness to learn, you consider yourself a lifelong learner.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends regularly.
- Ability to regularly lift and carry up to 50 lbs. (bags of kibble and litter).
What you’ll love:
- Pay starting at $15.75-$16.75 DOE and opportunities for growth.
- Fun team and managers who care about your development.
- Investment in your pet knowledge, you’ll never see pets the same way!
- Best employee discount in the industry - extends to you and your family members.
- Competitive vacation, holiday, and sick pay.
- Health insurance, 401k match, profit-sharing, and other great benefits - even pet insurance!
- Community volunteer opportunities.
Pet Food Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Pet Food Express is a place where everyone can learn and grow. However you identify and whatever your background, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day.
- Customer Service